- The Lorge School is a special education program which serves the needs of emotionally disturbed and learning disabled students.
- Founded in 1961 by a group of parents who were advocating for the special needs of their children, the school has become a place where the staff provides a warm, nurturing environment.
- The focus is on the strengths and talents of each student.
- The goal is to concentrate on each student's unique learning style and to individualize the program in order to optimize learning and emphasize potential for academic, social and emotional growth.
- All students receive individual and group counseling, provided by licenses Social Workers.
- Where indicated in the Individual Education Plan, some students receive Speech and Occupational therapy.
- A staff of specially trained individuals is available to assist in implementing behavior intervention plans where necessary.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||board approved. tuition paid by dept of education|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||David Osman, MA. LCSW|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: K-12 | 363 students
20 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
New YorkGrades: UG | 89 students
25 E 104th St
New York, NY 10029
New YorkGrades: UG | 83 students
48 W 74th St
New York, NY 10023
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 162 students
309 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
BrooklynGrades: KG-9 | 112 students
567 Kingston Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.