The Montessori Academy
- The Montessori Academy, in partnership with parents and community, is committed to providing an affordable, quality Montessori program for students of diverse abilities, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
- We offer education programs for children beginning at 6 weeks through 6th grade.
- We believe that children learn best when they are active participants in their own learning and are expected to work to their potential.
- Students at TMA are in the process of becoming academic achievers with a love of learning, critical thinkers, creative problem-solvers who use technology as a tool, peacemakers, protectors of the environment and its resources, and responsible, productive and caring community citizens.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,250|
|Tuition Notes||2017-18 Tuition varies from $8,250 to $14,280, depending on program. See http://www.tmaonline.org/fees.shtml for details.|
|Admissions Director||Lynette Engelke|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Martin|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Martial Arts, SoccerBallet, Martial Arts,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Lone Star Institute of Taekwondo, Stretch & Grow Ballet, The Outsiders Club, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Piano, Theater Arlington Drama and Creative Movement
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fury Soccer Academies
- Thank you for your interest in The Montessori Academy of Arlington. Please visit www.tmaonline.org to learn more about our school, community, and the Montessori philosophy of eduction. You can also schedule a tour to see, firsthand, how our programs prepare children to become productive and caring community citizens.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arlington Grades: PK-12 | 870 students
5900 West Pioneer Parkway
Arlington, TX 76013
(817)451-4994 2.3 PK-12
- Arlington Grades: PK-6 | 360 students
4621 Park Springs Blvd
Arlington, TX 76017
(817)784-6655 3.7 PK-6
- Irving Grades: K-6 | 163 students
2700 Warren Cir
Irving, TX 75062
(972)257-3517 15.8 K-6
- Dallas Grades: PK-12 | 489 students
6144 Churchill Way
Dallas, TX 75230
(972)239-1745 25.5 PK-12
- Dallas Grades: PK-6 | 62 students
6210 E Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75214
(214)821-9466 25.1 PK-6
My daughter has been attending TMA since last September and we couldn`t be happier with our choice! I researched and visited several other schools and this is by far the most impressive on every level. The environment is warm, safe and inviting. There is ample outdoor space and opportunities to experience nature. The teachers are very experienced facilitators who understand how to be present for the children while allowing them independence. My 20 month old has grown leaps and bounds thanks to TMA, both socially and emotionally, and she loves it there too!
- Posted by Parent - Ariana Baker
TMA is a wonderful school with a great team of educators. The staff (from the teachers in the classroom to the head of school) are genuinely interested in the development of the children. The outdoor learning environment is unmatched. Phenomenal school!
- Posted by Parent - mommy
TMA is a wonderful school with an outstanding administrative team. The teachers care about the students and classroom management is amazing. Top notch!!!
- Posted by Parent - Dee
We love TMA! My son has been attending Tma for about 5 months now. And we have been very impressed with the school and the staff. This place is a hidden gem. The head of the school is wonderfull and very much involved in everything which is great! I couldn`t have ask for a better place to send my son!
- Posted by Parent - MLL
As parents we are picky to select the best education for our children and Montessori is a method that just makes sense to foster self learning. It was hard to find a good school that provide the method with quality and close to where we live and I am glad we found TMA that provides just that. Great teachers in there as well!
- Posted by Parent - Fabio
Love this school and have recommended it to others. Love the diversity of students and ideas and the caring and supportive staff.
- Posted by Parent - Eva's mom
Our family is very happy with our experience with TMA. The teachers and administrators are passionate and work hard to ensure each child has the opportunity to flourish (both socially and academically). We can't recommend this school enough!
- Posted by Parent - Rachel Richardson
TMA shines beyond the classroom as students learn how to take care of a garden and animals. Out back is a series of trails that lead to a wooded area where the kids play, explore, and coexist with nature.
- Posted by Parent - Dad
Our son has been going to TMA for a year and a half now, and we love everything about the school! Each classroom has its own private courtyard, and the school has a large outdoor play area with a separate area for younger children, plus its own private wildscape that the children get to explore. I like that the teachers and TMA staff members take the time to know each child`s name and welcome them every morning as they walk into the school. I highly recommend TMA.
- Posted by Parent - Erin Banerjee
I highly recommend TMA. The environment is very inviting. The teachers are very willing to customize your child's academic plan. There is an abundance of opportunities for enrichment and extracurricular activities. It is worth the money!
- Posted by Parent - Quin Reed
TMA has given our son a wonderful school experience. He enjoys school each day and is provided with a rigorous education. The teachers genuinely care about each student. TMA has a wonderful, well-rounded approach to education.
- Posted by Parent - Marcus Reed
Our son has been in Montessori since he was 18 months old. Now that our son is in the 2nd grade, we moved to TMA to better balance the 'real world' with the nurturing application of Montessori. Our son is thriving under the fluid structure of the Montessori curriculum , while also learning the skills he will need when he moves to a more traditional education environment (homework, testing, etc.). TMA is a gem and the administration across the entire school is top notch.
- Posted by Parent - Mom
We love TMA! Our son has been attending for a year and a half now, and he has learned so much about himself, his peers, and his environment in such a short time. The school is beautiful, and the children get to experience an indoor/outdoor learning environment daily. The staff takes the time to learn each child`s name and welcome them into the school every morning. TMA goes above and beyond!
- Posted by Parent - Erin Banerjee
We recommend TMA to everyone! It is a wonderful school, always clean, my child is loved and cared for and we have had a wonderful experience!
- Posted by Parent - Emily Young