The Nicholas School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (610) 623-2530
Our program provides a warm, caring environment with small classes guided by experienced teachers with strong backgrounds in Early Childhood Education
Our play based program includes time for art, science, free choice, along with early academic concepts and learning to work and play together.
Emphasis on social skills~ learning to care for ourselves and each other
We love to go outside, or exercise inside, and music is a favorite activity.
Full time students have a hot lunch and two snacks each day.
We'd love to have you visit! Keystone STARS 4! Private Academic certified teachers Private Kindergarten.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$195|
|Tuition Notes||Full time 195/week. Tuition rates to be discussed with enrollment inquiries. ELRC/CCIS is accepted.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Debby Richardson|
- The Nicholas School, founded in 1985, provides high quality child care for families in our Clifton Heights area and the surrounding communities. It is our philosophy to motivate and encourage children to reach their highest possible potential. We offer exciting developmentally appropriate activities that promote learning the active exploration and fun, hands-on experiences. We create an environment where there is acceptance, respect, caring and encouragement. In the warmth of this setting, we hope to help the child develop a positive attitude towards learning, responsibility, self-discipline and self-esteem.
- Hours of Operation:7:00 am to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday FridayTwelve months per year
- Program Options
- Full Day program (more than 4 hours) 2-5 days per week
- Includes lunch and 2 snacks
- Half Day program 8:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. 2- 5 days per week
- Includes snack
- For more information,Call 610-623-2530
- The Nicholas SchoolP.O. Box 10831 N. Diamond Street
- Clifton Heights, Pa19018
Profile last updated:
My son loves The Nicholas School. I have been thru many centers with him and I finally feel like we found a home. The teachers are terrrific, very open, and easy to talk to. My son always has a daily note about his day and always says he has fun.
- Posted by Parent - scoop
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.