The Nurturing Place, a York Street Child Development Center
The Nurturing Place is a Child Development Center that opened its doors on September 1989.
Our main goal has always been to provide children we serve with a safe, fun learning environment that is child focused.
We offer programs for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and pre-kindergarteners.
Our motto has always been "We hold their hands for a little while, their hearts forever".
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 61 students
- Yearly Tuition: $250
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition is $250.00 per week.
- Our infant program is a nurturing "home away from home" where the dedicated staff help the children grow, develop, and prepare for toddlerhood.
- The toddler program provides an environment that focuses on a child's need to develop a sense of trust and emotional security while making discoveries about themselves, their abilities, and the world around them.
- Pre-School and Pre-K children are exposed to a rich environment that enhances their self-worth and stimulates their natural curiosity. The children receive the special attention necessary to enourage good learning behaviors and a positive learning experience.
Endorse The Nurturing Place, a York Street Child Development Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.