Waterfront Montessori ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Arts & Crafts, Ballet, Bambino Chef, Chess, Creative Movement, Drama, Fencing, Journalsim, Robotics, Sewing, Wow Sports, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Guitar, Piano, Violin, Visual Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Waterfront Montessori was founded in 2003 when a group of Jersey City mothers who were frustrated by both the limited educational options and the lack of enrichment activities for their children close to home decided to take matters into their own hands. We set out to create what we did want in a school: A place where our children could get an exceptional education; a place where the activities we wanted for them art, music, theater, foreign languages, movement were either part of the curriculum or otherwise offered; a place with talented and highly qualified teachers who would guide our children; and, a place in which we were confident our children would be as well off, if not better off, than in our care. We set out to create what is now Waterfront Montessori -- a parent-run school with strong community ties and a drive to achieve the highest educational standards for each and every child -- including our own. Our mission is to provide the highest caliber of well-rounded education, socially, emotionally, intellectually and artistically, for all children from all over the globe and from all walks of life, so that they may achieve their fullest potential as critical thinkers, learners, explorers, inventors, artists, leaders, and, ultimately, citizens of the world. Programs offered are:
- Toddler/Pre-Primary (Ages 2 to 3.5)
- Primary (Ages 3 through Kindergarten)
- Lower Elementary (Grades 1, 2 and 3)
- Upper Elementary (Grades 4 and 5)
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (Grades 6 through 8. WFM is an authorized IB World School.)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Waterfront Montessori cost?
What is the acceptance rate of Waterfront Montessori?
What is Waterfront Montessori's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Waterfront Montessori?
Endorse Waterfront Montessori. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards