The Oaks Academy
- The Oaks Academy is a Christ-centered school that exists to provide a rich, classical education to children of diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds, preparing them to succeed in a rigorous secondary educational program and to demonstrate spiritual, social and emotional maturity.
- The Oaks Academy recognizes that the foremost responsibility of the education of children is with the parents or persons acting in the place of parents.
- As such, faculty and staff of The Oaks enter into a deliberative partnership with caregivers/parents/guardians in the educational process of their children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||833 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||88 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Boys: Khaki bottoms, dress shirt, tie, vest/cardigan. Girls: Plaid jumper/skirt, dress blouse, tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 2|
|Tuition Notes||PK/K Half Day: $8910 Gr.: Full Day PK-5th: $10,500 Gr.: 6th-8th: $10,720 *80% receive fin. assistance|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angela Gray|
|Admissions Associate||Kimberly Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Culinary Club, Drama Club, Math Counts, Photography Club, Speech Team, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Guitar Club, Music Extra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
PE Extra, Summer Adventure Club, Summer Camp, Summer Sports Camps
- A small group of neighbors who envisioned an excellent Christ-centered education in the inner city of Indianapolis founded The Oaks Academy in 1998. The founders desired to offer an outstanding education to students across racial and socioeconomic barriers. They believed a Christ-centered school would facilitate revitalization in the lives of students, families, and the community at large. The Oaks Academy opened its doors to 53 students (Pre-Kindergarten through fifth grade) and 9 employees in the fall of 1998.
- The school`s founders purposefully established the school in an area of the city known for its high crime rate, extreme poverty, and rampant drug abuse. The school`s name and mission originate from Isaiah 61: 3-4: They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated.
- The Oaks launched a second location, Brookside, in another neglected urban community in Indianapolis. A former IPS school building was purchased debt free in June 2011. Experienced faculty led the transition to ensure that The Oak`s defining values were transferred to the Brookside campus.
- In 2015, The Oaks launched a third campus, the Middle School. Located just 1.5 miles away from both Fall Creek and Brookside, the beautiful school was formally IPS 26, and was acquired by The Oaks Academy to serve 115 students in its first year.
- The Oaks Academy maintains one Board of Trustees, a singular admissions and advancement effort, and a consistent educational philosophy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-12 | 190 students
440 Saint Peter St
Indianapolis, IN 46201
(317)631-3194 3 PK-12
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-4 | 96 students
1055 N Girls School Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46214
(317)244-8491 7.6 PK-4
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-8 | 51 students
2404 W 62nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317)253-3033 5.6 PK-8
- Whitestown Grades: PK-12 | 583 students
5608 Whitestown Parkway
Whitestown, IN 46075
(317)360-0468 15.3 PK-12
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.