The Oaks Academy
- Top Ranked IN School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 1,151 students
- Acceptance rate: 60%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1 / Feb. 1
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Boys: Khaki bottoms, dress shirt, tie, vest/cardigan. Girls: Plaid jumper/skirt, dress blouse, tie
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Culinary Club, Drama Club, Math Counts, Photography Club, Speech Team, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Guitar Club, Music Extra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
PE Extra, Summer Adventure Club, Summer Camp, Summer Sports Camps
- A small group of neighbors who envisioned an excellent Christ-centered education in the inner city of Indianapolis founded The Oaks Academy in 1998. The founders desired to offer an outstanding education to students across racial and socioeconomic barriers. They believed a Christ-centered school would facilitate revitalization in the lives of students, families, and the community at large. The Oaks Academy opened its doors to 53 students (Pre-Kindergarten through fifth grade) and 9 employees in the fall of 1998.
- The school`s founders purposefully established the school in an area of the city known for its high crime rate, extreme poverty, and rampant drug abuse. The school`s name and mission originate from Isaiah 61: 3-4: They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated.
- The Oaks launched a second location, Brookside, in another neglected urban community in Indianapolis. A former IPS school building was purchased debt free in June 2011. Experienced faculty led the transition to ensure that The Oak`s defining values were transferred to the Brookside campus.
- In 2015, The Oaks launched a third campus, the Middle School. Located just 1.5 miles away from both Fall Creek and Brookside, the beautiful school was formally IPS 26, and was acquired by The Oaks Academy to serve 115 students in its first year.
- The Oaks Academy maintains one Board of Trustees, a singular admissions and advancement effort, and a consistent educational philosophy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of The Oaks Academy?
The acceptance rate of The Oaks Academy is 60%, which is lower than the national average of 88%. The Oaks Academy's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Indiana with low acceptance rates.
What sports does The Oaks Academy offer?
The Oaks Academy offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is The Oaks Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Oaks Academy?
The application deadline for The Oaks Academy is Dec. 1 / Feb. 1.
Endorse The Oaks Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards