- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: 7-12
- Enrollment: 310 students
- Yearly Tuition: $37,900
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Roxbury Latin School is a small, independent day school for boys in grades 7-12, located on a spacious 117 acre campus in West Roxbury, MA. Founded by John Eliot in 1645, in the reign of King Charles the First, it is the oldest school in continuous existence in North America. Roxbury Latin's endowment and the generosity of its alumni, parents, and friends enable the School to maintain a distinguished faculty, to charge a relatively low tuition, and to admit and enroll boys without regard to their parents' ability to pay. The opportunities afforded by the School are therefore available to a uniquely diverse student body from all segments of the greater Boston community. Although Roxbury Latin has no formal religious affiliation and enrolls students from many different faiths and backgrounds the School remains deeply committed to the essential values of its Judeo-Christian heritage: honesty, simplicity, humility, respect and concern for others. We also maintain an abiding commitment to our classical heritage: requiring three years of Latin and a modern Romance language, offering three years of Homeric Greek as an elective, valuing the aesthetic, and adhering to the ancient precept mens sana in corpore sano. The academic program for younger boys emphasizes the development of basic skills in the arts, English, history, classical and modern languages, computer science, math, and science. As they mature, students gain increasing flexibility in scheduling through elective options and independent study opportunities. In addition, there are full athletic and activity programs. All boys participate in on- and off-campus service projects. Throughout our history we have been proud to celebrate the numerous academic laurels our students have earned, but we have never lost sight of our primary concern: the moral character of our boys. At Roxbury Latin the fundamental promise we make to our families is that "each boy will be known and loved."
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Roxbury Latin School cost?
Does The Roxbury Latin School offer a summer program?
What sports does The Roxbury Latin School offer?
What is The Roxbury Latin School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Roxbury Latin School?
Endorse The Roxbury Latin School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards