The Schenck School
5.00 (1 review)
- Schenck School addresses the educational needs and develop the rich potential of students with dyslexia.
- The School strives to do this by offering an intense, full academic program designed to teach specific skills and strategies that will help our students overcome their difficulties in reading and written expression.
- The school trains students to overcome individual learning differences and enables students to return to regular academic programs.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Macon Grades: PK-12 | 800 students
5671 Calvin Drive
Macon, GA 31210
(478)477-6505 79.5 PK-12
- Macon Grades: 3-12 | 65 students
4375 Rivoli Dr
Macon, GA 31210
(478)477-9844 81.1 3-12
As a former parent at The Schenck School, I can honestly say that the two years my children spent at Schenck did more for their education than any years before or since. They graduated with honors from a well-known prep school and are attending excellent colleges now. As dyslexic students, they will always have to work a little harder, but they''ve achieved all that their classmates have and more. They are lovely individuals. Thank you Schenck!
- Posted by Parent - bstre
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.