The Siskiyou School
- The Siskiyou School is a thriving community of teachers and families.
- We began the 2008-2009 school year with 172 students in grades 1-8 and a faculty of 22 including 8 class teachers and 14 specialty and support teachers.
- Our teachers are committed to nurturing the potential of every child, schooling the imagination, and fostering a lifelong love of learning.
- We strive to prepare students to meet the world with a caring heart, confidence in their own gifts, and a strong academic foundation.
- As a developing Siskiyou School, we endeavor to teach the child through "head, hands and heart." The Waldorf curriculum instills a living wisdom that enriches the intellect and deepens the natural joy and wonder of learning, integrating the arts in both academic and practical activities.
- Academic excellence, the visual and performing arts, social responsibility, and moral integrity are the hallmarks of this time-tested education.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||164 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.
February 07, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.