The Siskiyou School
- The Siskiyou School is a thriving community of teachers and families.
- We began the 2008-2009 school year with 172 students in grades 1-8 and a faculty of 22 including 8 class teachers and 14 specialty and support teachers.
- Our teachers are committed to nurturing the potential of every child, schooling the imagination, and fostering a lifelong love of learning.
- We strive to prepare students to meet the world with a caring heart, confidence in their own gifts, and a strong academic foundation.
- As a developing Siskiyou School, we endeavor to teach the child through "head, hands and heart." The Waldorf curriculum instills a living wisdom that enriches the intellect and deepens the natural joy and wonder of learning, integrating the arts in both academic and practical activities.
- Academic excellence, the visual and performing arts, social responsibility, and moral integrity are the hallmarks of this time-tested education.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||164 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
May 10, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.