The Spire School
Located in Stamford, Connecticut, The Spire School is a private day school for college-bound students in grades 6 through 12.
We are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and are a Connecticut State-Approved Special Education School. By integrating an individualized education with a health and wellness curriculum, The Spire School helps students realize their academic potential and supports skill development to overcome social and emotional difficulties.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 57 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 27%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Located in Stamford, Connecticut, The Spire School is a private day school for college-bound students in grades 6 through 12. We are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and are a Connecticut State-Approved Special Education School.
- By integrating an individualized education with a health and wellness curriculum, The Spire School helps students realize their academic potential and supports skill development to overcome social and emotional difficulties.
- Prospective Spire students, for various reasons, are not realizing their academic and social-emotional potential. Oftentimes, this is due to ineffective coping skills or difficulty regulating emotions as a result of anxiety and/or depression. These students may also be experiencing low self-confidence, self-competency, and self-worth that may be resulting in school avoidance or refusal. To promote a healthy and secure sense of self, The Spire School supports these students through an emphasis on self-care: effective coping skills, exercise, nutrition, and academic empowerment.
- Our high school provides standard, advanced, AP, and UConn ECE college-level academics. We offer academic skill development to both our middle and high school populations, and our special education team assists students with mild learning differences by providing a supportive, yet challenging academic program.
- At The Spire School, we strive to help students know themselves as learners, as individuals, and as members of a community. We help our students get back on track by teaching them to identify their strengths and develop self-management and interpersonal skills to assist them in their development.
Profile last updated:
Spire has been a terrific soft landing for my daughter. They are warm, caring, and provide structure yet flexibility and understanding. The life coach system enables customized instruction and helped them meet my child where she was on any given day.
Spire has been a true blessing to our family. We had a really rough road prior to Spire and were desperate to find a safe place for our son to heal & grow emotionally while keeping current with his academics. The teachers and staff work very hard at customizing a curriculum that engages each student and their individual needs(academically, emotionally, or social). The staff keeps the parents informed and included so we can work as a team to support our child. We are so very fortunate to have found Spire, it is a very special place run by incredibly knowledgeable, thoughtful, professional & supportive people.
My son has been at Spire for two years now. He is happy and wakes himself up and gets ready and goes to school He's never late and loves the teachers. His life coach is amazing and communicates weekly with us on his progress. They have taught him the skills to be effective in achieving his goals. He has developed into a caring, responsible near adult.
This school has been so beneficial for my son! The teachers and administration are super hands-on, and they really care about engaging my son. Their new campus looks amazing (I haven't been inside the new school yet due to Covid, but they've sent home videos of the school, so I feel like I've been there). Highly recommend!
Endorse The Spire School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.