Trinity Classical Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Trinity Classical Academy is a coed, college preparatory, independent, TK-12 school that was founded in 2001 on the classical, Christian education model. With current enrollment over 560 students, Trinity is one of the largest classical, Christian schools in the country. The mission of Trinity Classical Academy has remained consistent: to offer a challenging education, grounded in the Christian faith and the classical tradition, to produce young men and women of virtue, wisdom, purpose and courage.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities, Language-based learning challenges, Dyslexia, Processing, ADHD, ADD, Auditory Memory, Dyscalculia, Dyscalculia, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Pervasive Developmental Disorder|
|Total Students||570 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra II (Honors), Anatomy & Physiology I/Lab (Honors) BIO 201/211L- Anatomy/ Physiology I, Anatomy/Physiology II/Lab (Honors) BIO 202/212L- Anatomy/ Physiology II, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science PHY 105/106L- Environ. Science, AP Language and Composition ENG 102 English Composition, AP Latin, AP Latin LAT 201 – Latin, AP Physics I, AP Spanish, British Literature (Honors) ENG 205 – Brit Lit II, Honors Anatomy/Physiology, Honors Ancient History, Honors Apologetics, Honors Biology, Honors British Literature, Honors Calculus (Trig/Calc A), Honors Chemistry, Honors Classical Literature, Honors European History, Honors Geometry, Honors Government, Honors Latin II, Honors Latin III, Honors Medieval History, Honors Medieval Literature, Honors Physics I, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Statistics, Honors US History, Rhetoric I: Advanced Disputation/ AP Language, Senior Thesis (Honors) COMS 103 Public Speaking|
|Average SAT score||1289|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms purchased through Lands End)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Hosmann|
|Admissions Associate||Donna Wexler|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
California Scholarship Federation, Chess, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Girls in Science, Knitting Club, Mathletes, National Honor Society, Photography Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting/Drama, Art, Band, Chimes, Choir (1st-6th Grades), Hand Bells, Orchestra
- Trinity Classical Academy is a coed, college preparatory, independent, TK-12 grade school that was founded in 2001 on the classical, Christian education model. With enrollment over 560 students, Trinity is one of the largest classical, Christian schools in the country. The mission of Trinity Classical Academy has remained consistent: to offer a challenging education, grounded in the Christian faith and the classical tradition, to produce young men and women of virtue, wisdom, purpose and courage.
- Trinity's Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program is a wonderful opportunity for children who need another year to develop physically, socially or academically prior to entering Kindergarten.
- The graduates of Trinity will be prepared intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and relationally for what God has for them as men and women beyond Trinity so that they are ready for that to which He has called them.
- They will be able to think well, read well, speak well and write well, know what they believe and why they believe it, and be able to impact culture for the Kingdom of God.
- More specifically we want our graduates to think clearly and listen carefully with discernment and understanding, reason persuasively and articulate precisely, to be capable of evaluating their entire range of experience in the light of the Scriptures, and do so with eagerness in joyful submission to God.
- Our school facility enjoys expansive classrooms and recreation areas and we look forward to phase 2 of the campus which will include a gym and additional classrooms.
- All of us at Trinity feel truly fortunate to be a part of something that God is so richly blessing. We realize that there are a number of educational options available to parents and we feel honored that so many are choosing Trinity for their children`s schooling.
- So what is it that makes Trinity different and distinctive from those other educational options? A Christian worldview is taught throughout all our subject areas. We strive for an integration of faith and learning where God is revealed not only in theology and Bible classes, but also in math, science, history, literature and all scholastic disciplines.
- The classical tradition of teaching at Trinity makes us distinct as well. It is a time-honored method of teaching that has been a staple in Western culture and the Church since the second century.
- Students see God's 'big picture' by studying history, philosophy, literature, art, theology, math and science as well as logic and rhetoric.
- Our outstanding, dedicated faculty is comprised of passionate, devoted, Christian teachers who truly love teaching and who understand the goals of classical, Christian education. They come to us with numerous advanced degrees, a wealth of experience and are some of the most accomplished academics in Santa Clarita education.
- In addition to our core subjects, we have dedicated faculty who teach art, music, physical education and Latin as well as teachers for drama, yearbook and student leadership.
- Trinity offers a wealth of enrichment opportunities in addition to the classroom experience to nurture the mind, body and soul. We have an orchestra, choir, worship team, handbells, chimes, art, and theater, as well chess, photography and robotics.
- Our elementary and junior high sports teams compete in various local leagues which include flag football, basketball, cross country, volleyball, soccer, cheer, baseball and softball.
- Our high school sports program is a member of the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and we are thrilled to field 13 varsity sports teams: football, volleyball, cross country, cheer, soccer (boys and girls), basketball (boys and girls), baseball, softball, swim, track and field, and coed golf. We also offer JV volleyball and JV basketball.
- Cultivating wisdom is the emphasis at Trinity rather than just teaching facts and skills. Students enjoy school at Trinity.
- Perhaps one of the most pleasant by-products of a Trinity education is that we continually hear from parents that their children love coming to school! They find education exhilarating and challenging which we think is a key component in building lifelong learners. There is a pervasive feeling of inspiration, fulfillment, joy and respect on the Trinity campus.
- It is our hope that Trinity continues to be an inspiration to the Santa Clarita Valley and beyond.
- At Trinity we are pressing on to fulfill our mission to produce young scholars who can read well, write well, speak well and think well and who are imbued with virtue, wisdom, purpose, and courage. We care deeply about raising up this current generation to become dynamic, humble, Christian leaders who will help shape the future. We invite you and your family to become a part of Trinity and experience a renaissance in education that is unfolding right here in Santa Clarita. Remarkable things are happening at Trinity and we want your family to join us on this extraordinary journey!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Parents! Has your child ever come to you talking about the books they are reading? Perhaps they really enjoy reading or maybe you have to pry it out of them to talk about it. I thought I'd share my own experience in college regarding books. I am a Finance major and one of the main reasons I chose this route was due to my fascination with the stock market. And recently I developed a particular interest in the housing market, specifically the crisis that occurred in 2008. One of my assignments for a class I'm taking was to conduct a research report on that financial crisis. Of course, I was thrilled to hear this as months earlier I had already found 2 books about the crisis that I was planning to read, anyway. When I received the books in the mail, I realized I underestimated how massive these books actually were: combined they are about 1000 pages. At first, I was shocked, but then, I had this wave of excitement flood through me. 1000 pages can be quite daunting, but I did not see it that way. Trinity had me read the Iliad and Odyssey in 7th grade! Those books were massive and very complicated (for a 13-year-old, and still for adults). But throughout my entire journey at Trinity, I have been trained and prepped to do this sort of thing. I have been taught to read critically, take notes, ask questions, and develop my own opinions. But ultimately I have been taught how to learn. I get to do research on a topic that I am genuinely interested in, and I couldn't be more excited. Now parents: I want you to be encouraged about your children attending Trinity. When they are able to discover what they are passionate about, they will be some most prepared people on the planet. When they encounter challenges, they will be able to face it head-on AND they will have fun doing it. Trinity has completely changed the way I look at education and the world. And thanks to Trinity, I am now a lifelong learner.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Luke Cunningham
It is more than a great education, Trinity produces equally great people and leaders. I can't say enough about the quality of the education our children have received,
- Posted by Parent - Eric & Michelle Solis
Our children have been students at Trinity Classical Academy since kindergarten. From the moment we walked on campus, we knew there was something very special happening there. Not fully understanding the "Classical Christian Education" model at the time, but knowing for sure after attending the "Information Meeting," Trinity's approach to education was by far the best in the Santa Clarita Valley. Now that we fully grasp education through the Trivium (grammar, logic, rhetoric) and see first hand how it cultivates students who are eager to learn; who can confidently, and with insightful knowledge, speak about what they believe; discern what is true and what is not; and more importantly, who will become part of the few who to go out into the world and make a positive impact. Our children experience education in the same manner as our country's Founding Fathers in that God is the Creator of everything; hence all knowledge points back to Him. Knowing that students are capable of achieving much more than what is offered in traditional schools, Trinity Classical Academy offers a rigorous academic curriculum that most students strive to master! They also understand that some students learn differently or may have difficulty in certain areas. These select students are then surrounded by trained and dedicated Educational Therapists assigned to work with the teachers, parents and the student to strengthen the areas of weakness enabling the student to advance in the classroom. On top of the extraordinary academics, committed teachers and administrators, our children learn how to Biblically resolve conflict and know the expectation of conduct for themselves and their peers. Biblical principles are interlaced throughout the curriculum in the classrooms, as well as on campus where students are held to a high standard of respect towards others, graciousness and overall decency. They have also learned a sense of compassion and patience for those with developmental delays through their interaction with students from Trinity's Imago Dei School. In select areas in the classroom, on the playground, on their sports teams, social events and on field trips, my children interact with these students as peers, though knowing they are to be treated with special care. I will often see my young children reach out to someone in need regardless of their physical appearance, knowing that every one of us is a child of God and created in His image. When we sought a school for our young children, we looked primarily at the academics of each institution, but have now shifted our priorities a bit. As they continue to mature and grow, we realize it's not all about the academics it's about who they are, and who they will become, and how those that influence and surround them now will have a significant impact on their lives.
- Posted by Parent - chris
Trinity Classical Academy provides the BEST K-12 education in the Santa Clarita Valley
- Posted by Parent - rawel
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.