Trinity Episcopal School
- Creating Scholars, Nurturing Spirituality and Embracing Diversity in Charlotte`s Center City Trinity Episcopal School is the only K-8 independent school in Uptown Charlotte. Our passionate and innovative faculty are committed to creating scholars by redefining academic rigor using our workshop approach, inspiring a responsibility for students` own learning and promoting their curiosity in the classroom and the world around them.
- As an urban school Trinity has the distinct advantage of an extended campus that includes Center City destinations as ImaginOn, Discovery Place and the Mint Museum. Our school community nurtures spirituality through the reason, acceptance and service found within the Episcopal tradition by proclaiming respectful appreciation for all human beings.
- We embrace the richness of diversity by encouraging students to be socially-conscious and civically-engaged ambassadors of grace, honor and respect in the world.
- We instill honor through high expectations for responsibility, respect, kindness and integrity, all found in our Honor Code.
- The powerful combination of creating scholars, nurturing spirituality and embracing diversity enables us to inspire, develop and send forth the future leaders of tomorrow.
- For more information, schedule a tour of our beautiful Uptown campus, attend an open house or visit www.TEScharlotte.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Some Learning Differences Support|
|Total Students||438 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,752|
|Tuition Notes||2016-17 Tuition Rates: K-5 Tuition: $16,420 6-8 Tuition: $17,990Financial Aid – Trinity has a need-based financial aid program made possible, in part, by our Trinity Fund. All students (K-8) are eligible to apply for financial assistance.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Moore|
|Admissions Associate||Ayeola Elias|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Mecklenburg Math Club, Odyssey of the Mind|
Club or Organization:
Girls on the Run, Let Me Run
- Location: First Ward Garden District in Charlotte's Center City
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 11:1, K-3 12:1, 4-5 18:1, 6-8
- Faculty/Staff: 52 Faculty, 25 Administrative and Support
- Ethnic/Racial Identification: African-American 11%, Asian/Pacific Islander .1%, Caucasian 73%, Latino/Hispanic 9%, Multi-Cultural 6%, Other .2%
- Gender Identification: Boys 45%, Girls 55%
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Independent Schools and Colleges
- Religious Affiliation: Baptist 6%, Catholic 9%, Episcopalian 29%, Methodist 10%, Presbyterian 20%, Other 11%, Unspecified 14%
- Operating Budget: $6.1M
- Memberships: Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development (ASCD), Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, Charlotte Area Independent Schools (CAIS), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Elementary School Research Collaborative (ESRC), National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS), North Carolina Middle School Association (NCMSA), National Middle School Association (NMSA), National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: NS-12 | 450 students
333 Jeremiah Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28262
(704)599-9015 4.8 NS-12
- Charlotte Grades: K-12 | 267 students
8500 Sardis Rd
Charlotte, NC 28270
(704)365-4658 7.9 K-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.