University Primary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Enrollment: 78 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- University Primary School is an early childhood gifted education program which serves children ages 3-7. The school is located in the Children's Resource Center on Gerty Drive in Campaign. University Primary School is affiliated with the Department of Special Education in the College of Education at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Campaign. Children must be 3 by July 1 for the preschool classroom and 5 by September 1 to be considered for kindergarten enrollment. The school comprises one preschool classroom (ages 3-4) and one combined K-1 classroom. Each classroom enrolls approximately 25 children, with a head teacher, an assistant teacher, and student interns. The school is supported by tuition and fees, private donations, and fund raising events.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for University Primary School?
The application deadline for University Primary School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse University Primary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards