Valley Christian Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (330) 562-8191
Valley Christian Academy Photo #2 - Valley Christian Academy is an independent, nondenominational Christian school in Aurora, Ohio. We provide an excellent academic program for PK-8 students. Our highly qualified teachers and staff inspire students to learn and work to their fullest potential while building Christ-like character. Come and see what makes VCA so special! Call for a tour today! 330-562-8191
- Our mission: VCA builds a Godly foundation in our students through Christ-centered education in cooperation with the Christian home and church so that our students know, love, and obey Jesus Christ.
- Our Vision: Trusting in God`s strength and the Holy Spirit`s direction, Valley Christian Academy will be the Christian school of choice where the impact of our caring staff and quality programming will equip and inspire students to live a lifestyle of passionate discipleship. Our students will be academically and spiritually prepared to engage the culture by articulating and defending a biblical worldview.
- Our foundation rests upon acknowledging Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and the Bible as the Word of God--the final authority in truth and practice.
- VCA is fully committed to a strong and rigorous academic curriculum, a variety of extracurricular options, the character and spiritual development of each child, and an environment of care for each and every student.
- We rely on parents to help us through their prayer, their cooperation, and their active involvement in the life of this school.
- Christian education involves the whole person, so it is desirable that all elements which bear on the education of a child can be consistent and properly reinforce one another.
- In view of this, if the child's Christian school education is to be as effective as possible, it must be supported by a Christian home and a Christian church. All three should work together in a complementary fashion.
- It is necessary that all the parents support the philosophy and academic program of our school. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify.
Valley Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||195 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,560|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance is available to those who are eligible. VCA honors ODE EdChoice scholarships.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Horak|
|Admissions Associate||Erin Gabel|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ACSI Writers, Drama Club, Math Club, Math Olympics, Speech Meet, Student Council, Young Writers Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Band, Advanced Orchestra, Beginning Band, Beginning Strings
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Full and Half-day Pre-K program
- Excellent Academics
- Four-day a week Bible classes with once a week Chapel
- All subjects are biblically-integrated
- Missions/Outreach project for every grade level
- Cursive writing instruction begins in Grade 2
- All students participate in PE, Art, Music, Tech Lab, and Library for grades K-5
- Band and Orchestra offered to students in grades 4-8
- Chromebooks used in Middle school
- Sports include inter-scholastic Girls' Volleyball and Basketball, Boys' Basketball, and Cross Country for both boys and girls; Intramurals after school for grades 4-8
- Class sizes range from 16 to 25, with Classroom Aides in larger classes
- The safety and security of our students is a high priority
- All faculty have Ohio Teaching Licenses and are followers of Christ
- VCA is chartered by the State of Ohio and accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International
- All of this fostered in a loving family environment
- Call 330-562-8191 to come visit and tour!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bath Grades: NS-9 | 549 students
2315 Ira Road
Bath, OH 44210
(330) 666-1118 16.9 NS-9
- Chagrin Falls Grades: 5-8 | 130 students
17892 Chillicothe Road
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
(440) 543-9135 3.6 5-8
I couldn't believe it when my Kindergartener recited a long bible verse one evening, even with the reference! My heart was overflowing with joy because it was more than memorizing... it was understanding and application of what he learned at school! VCA teaches so much more than the 3 R's. They are teaching my children how to be disciples. I love how every student, teacher, and staff member is pouring into my kids. It's also very comforting to know that everyone at VCA holds similar morals, ethics, and values. What a great environment to thrive in!
- Posted by Parent - Maria
I joined the VCA family ten years ago when my son entered Kindergarten, and I began teaching at VCA. This school has partnered with me to raise my son to be a young man of integrity who loves and fears the Lord. The teachers and activities he was able to participate in developed his gifts and talents, and he is very well prepared for high school. As a teacher, it is a wonderful place to work that supports my professional and my spiritual well being. It is my greatest privilege to partner with other parents to train up their children. I love VCA!!
- Posted by Teacher - Ortega
I LOVE VCA and everything it has to offer. The teachers are focused on both academic and spiritual growth of each child. They recognize that all children are not made the same, so they offer curriculum that would be most challenging for the student. The teachers treat the students like a part of a family. I love the fact that my children are not being taught to the test, but they get to express themselves creatively and not just textbook theories. The Speech Meet has been extremely valuable for my children. Starting in 1st grade, the students memorize a poem, bible scripture, fable, etc...and recite it in front of the class with judges. The confidence this experience gives all of the children, to speak in front of others is valuable. They select 2 students from each category to recite their speech at the ACSI Speech Meet, which is held at VCA. Over 10 - 15 schools usually complete and it's pretty amazing. VCA offers students to express themselves so many ways, which include Drama Club, Sports (Volleyball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cheerleading), Student Council, Praise & Worship, Chapel, Ski Club and intramurals. The Middle School experience has been amazing for my children, especially. We love the Mission projects that each grade gets to complete. They are like being the hands and feet of Jesus. The best experience is the 8th grade experience, hands down. The teachers are able to connect with them in a way to help each student reach their potential. My children have a bond with their teachers that is unique to me. I see the experience at Middle School from 6th grade to 8th grade as a similar process from a caterpillar to a butterfly. The 6th grade class are like little hungry caterpillars and they take in a great deal of the new process, while being nurtured and guided with love, the 7th grade the class moves into the chrysalis stage, where they are wrapped up and trying to figure out who they are, learning how to be a friend, managing their studies/extracurricular activities and trying to figure it all out and lastly, the 8th grade is when these beautiful students grow into the butterfly stage. They are feeling stronger and more secure within themselves, they come alongside of the caterpillars and chrysalis to help guide them along too. They are placed in position to minister to others with their actions and words. The most amazing thing is watching a group of 8th graders being placed in ministry for an entire week, out of state and having them come together to lead an opportunity to share the gospel with complete strangers. I don't know many adults that can pull that off. If you are looking for your child to get fed both academically and spiritually, VCA is the place. If you want your child to thrive in their calling by applying what they learned into action, VCA is the place. If you want to watch your child have the best opportunity to be themselves in a safe, loving and nurturing environment, VCA is the place. If you want your child to experience having teachers TRULY praying with and for them, as well as growing that same passion into your own child, VCA is the place. I love the intimacy that VCA offers for my children. For us, we are thankful for the intimate classes because it allows each teacher to take the time to pour into the students. I wish I could have attended a school like VCA when I was in Middle School.
- Posted by Parent - Lisa
We LOVE VCA!! Our children were not being challenged at our "Excellent with Distinction" public school so we switched them two years ago. What a difference! They have blossomed! With the small classes, they receive the attention they need. They''ve become involved in student council, cheerleading, the school plays and after school history and math clubs, which would not have happened at their old school. The VCA teachers truly invest themselves in their students. The environment is nurturing, while challenging the students to reach their potential. The administrator and principal are gifted in their roles - approachable and professional. It feels more like a big family than an academic institution. Because of VCA, our children have become more respectful, accountable, confident, and have developed a deeper personal relationship with God. We really couldn't ask for more.
- Posted by Parent - gentr
EXCELLENT in all areas! This faculty and staff care for the whole student. It feels more like a family than an institution. We love it!
- Posted by Parent - tammy
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.