The Lillian & Betty Ratner Montessori School
Tel: (216) 464-0033
- The Ratner Montessori School, founded in 1963, is an independent private school in Pepper Pike, Ohio.
- Through its Toddler, Children's House, Elementary I, Elementary II, and Middle School programs, Ratner students are empowered to find joy in learning and to become their best selves.
- The Ratner Montessori School's innovative and nurturing environment creates a community of learners that are curious, creative and caring.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Day School ranges from $7,800- $17,750.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,876|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Virgina Wagh|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Challenge, Classics Club, Homework Group, Lego Club, Robotics Club, Taekwondo Club, Writing Club, Yoga Club, Youth Soccer
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Photography Club, Sports
- Rigorous Academic Targets: The Ratner Montessori School provides customized educational opportunities to inspire an ongoing quest for knowledge and prepares students to compete and succeed in an advanced academic environment.
- Passionate Leadership: The Ratner Montessori School leverages the talents and instincts of our devoted teachers, staff members and school leaders to develop curricula to help each student be more aware of and comfortable with learning strengths and challenges. This approach allows students to excel in competitive environments.
- Diversity within a Judaic Framework:The Ratner Montessori School builds a strong multi-cultural community of students, families and leaders that is appreciative of our School's racially, religiously and ethnically diverse population.
- Respecting the unique characteristics, personalities and abilities of the individual,The Ratner Montessori School tailors an educational program to complement the developmental levels of each child.
- The Ratner Montessori School will maintain no more than a 12:1 student/teacher ratio.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cleveland Grades: NS-8 | 261 students
3380 Fairmount Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44118
(216) 321-7571 3.9 NS-8
- Cleveland Grades: NS-12 | 1115 students
5000 Clubside Rd and 12465 County Line Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44124
(440) 423-4446 2.4 NS-12
- Cleveland Grades: PK-8 | 84 students
12510 Mayfield Rd
Cleveland, OH 44106
(216) 421-0700 6 PK-8
- Cleveland Grades: NS-8 | 221 students
2160 Stillman Rd
Cleveland, OH 44118
(216) 932-4177 5 NS-8
- Cleveland Grades: PK-8 | 250 students
15100 Lake Shore Blvd
Cleveland, OH 44110
(216) 486-3587 8 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.