- Top Ranked OH School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 1,220 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 18 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Hawken School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, School Newspaper, Speech and Debate, String Ensemble
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Hawken Chorale, Hawken Players' Society, Jazz Combo
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Founded in 1915, Hawken School is an independent, nonsectarian, coed day school of over 1400 students, toddler through grade 12, located on two campuses in the eastern suburbs of Cleveland, a campus on Cleveland`s west side, and a Mastery School campus for grades 9-12 in University Circle opening in 2020. With a diverse and unified student body supported by $9.6 million in tuition assistance, the school is profoundly committed to the development of character and intellect. Best known for its stunning Early Childhood Center, nationally recognized programming, non-traditional schedules to support immersive learning and innovative teaching, real-world partnerships that connect students to their local and global communities, and 8,000 square feet of maker space, Hawken`s tradition of academic excellence instills the skills needed to thrive in a complex world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Hawken School offer a summer program?
What sports does Hawken School offer?
What is Hawken School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Hawken School?
View the Hawken School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Endorse Hawken School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards