Cleveland Montessori Photo #2 - Students enjoy being part of the Little Italy Community and participating in the Annual Columbus Day Parade.
Cleveland Montessori Photo #3 - Tony Brush Park provides a great outdoor space for students to enjoy.
Cleveland Montessori Photo #4 - Book Buddies offer an opportunity for younger and older students to become friends and spend time together.
Cleveland Montessori Photo #5 - Physical Expressions programming gets adolescent students out of their comfort zone and trying new experiences.
Cleveland Montessori Photo #6 - Physical education in the historic Alta House gymnasium is a wonderful extension of the school facilities.
- Cleveland Montessori provides excellence in education to the children of Greater Cleveland by discovering and awakening children's innate talents and abilities, and cultivating a lifetime love of learning and spirit of social responsibility.
- Cleveland Montessori is deeply committed to authentic Montessori principles and practices for optimizing child education and creative potential.
- Enriched by the values of love, respect, justice and joy, and fostered by a diverse and wonderfully nurturing Montessori community, the school serves all children, regardless of race or creed, and is distinctly committed to enhancing the vitality of the Little Italy and University Circle communities.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Reading Delays|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer program open to currently enrolled students.|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition listed is for elementary and middle school. Preschool and kindergarten is less and varies depending on program and hours.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kate Comella|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art Club, Band Program, Drama Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Cleveland Montessori operates as a private, independent school while offering the option of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (a Catholic based religious formation) to all of the families enrolled. All students enrolled at the school are exposed to the christian faith through classroom participation and observation of these lessons, whether directly participating or not.
- The school is located in the neighborhood of Little Italy with easy access to the institutions of University Circle. Students enjoy the many resources of this vibrant area of Cleveland as they go out into the community for extensions to their classroom work.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cleveland Grades: NS-8 | 325 students
3380 Fairmount Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44118
(216)321-7571 2.4 NS-8
- Cleveland Grades: PK-6 | 84 students
27250 Emery Rd
Cleveland, OH 44128
(216)292-4685 7.6 PK-6
- Cleveland Grades: NS-12 | 1115 students
5000 Clubside Rd and 12465 County Line Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44124
(440)423-4446 5 NS-12
- Cleveland Grades: NS-8 | 179 students
27575 Shaker Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44124
(216)464-0033 6 NS-8
- Cleveland Grades: NS-8 | 221 students
2160 Stillman Rd
Cleveland, OH 44118
(216)932-4177 1 NS-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.