Hebrew Academy Of Cleveland
- The mission of the Hebrew Academy is to imbue all students with a love of G-d, Torah and Eretz Yisroel and to prepare them to achieve excellence in Torah and general knowledge based on successful cooperation among family, Judaic and general studies faculty and community.
- Charted by the state of Ohio, the Academy provides an intensive Judaic and secular studies curriculum from early childhood through high school.
- The Academy's comprehensive curriculum is designed to meet the various needs of the student body and has set national standards.
- The focus of our award-winning faculty is not limited to teaching the curriculum; rather to teaching the child.
- Character development, community service, intergenerational and enrichment programs are indispensable components of the Academy experience.
- They reinforce the school's mission and serve to ignite the the minds and inspire the hearts of our youth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||730 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,750|
|Tuition Notes||varies for different grade levels|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rabbi M Hefter|
|Admissions Associate||Samantha Katzman|
- Clases are mixed boys and girls only through Kindergaten. The classes are separated (boys or girls) after that
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gates Mills Grades: PK-12 | 663 students
34001 Cedar Rd
Gates Mills, OH 44040
(440)473-8050 6.1 PK-12
- Cleveland Grades: 9-12 | 545 students
6550 Baxter Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44105
(216)441-4700 5.7 9-12
- Cleveland Grades: 9-12 | 588 students
6000 Queens Hwy
Cleveland, OH 44130
(440)866-0300 12.9 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.