Gross Schechter Day School
- Gross Schechter Day School is committed to providing students in preschool through the 8th grade with an education equally outstanding in general and Judaic studies.
- With a focus on academic rigor and critical thinking, our dual curriculum educates the whole child to develop analytical and creative abilities, to examine arguments and data, to write and speak clearly, and to apply ethics, logic and creativity in their daily lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Includes lunch|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rachel Gonsenhauser|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Robotics, Student Council, Taekwondo, Yearbook|
- The creative fusion of our general and Judaic studies nurtures intellectual curiosity and provides answers - especially to the central question, "What would Judaism say about this "
- Like other top-tier private schools, our general studies curriculum teaches critical core competencies including math, science, English, social studies and communication skills -- at an advanced level.
- Our teaching staff is trained to address the different learning styles and abilities of our students in order to meet the educational needs of each child.
- The Judaic studies curriculum integrates instruction in Hebrew, Bible (tanach), holidays (chagim), prayers (t'fillot), values (arachim), customs (minhagim) and Israel.
- Students increasingly appreciate the study of sacred texts, opportunities for ongoing spiritual development, and respect for different points of view.
- Anchored in the evolving ethics and values of Conservative Jewish thought and practice, Schechter gives students a love of Jewish learning, a strong value system, excellent academics, adept study skills, self-confidence, and pride in their heritage as Jews and Americans. This proven foundation facilitates a seamless segue to high school, college and beyond.
- People that viewed Gross Schechter Day School also viewed these schools: Joseph and Florence Mandel Jewish Day School (Mandel JDS).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beachwood Grades: NS-8
26500 Shaker Blvd
Beachwood, OH 44122
(216)464-4055 0.9 NS-8