Ruffing Montessori School
Ruffing Montessori School Photo #2 - Ruffing Montessori School in Cleveland Heights is the compelling school of choice for children ages 18 months through the 8th grade.
Ruffing Montessori School Photo #3 - Ruffing's graduates are engaged, confident students who are academically strong and articulate young adults.
We invite you to discover Ruffing Montessori School, a renowned and nationally recognized Montessori school for children ages 18 months - 8th grade, with highly trained and experienced faculty, beautiful and spacious classrooms brimming with Montessori materials, state-of-the-art science labs, robust enrichment offerings, classroom gardens, and a vibrant parent community.
A Ruffing education is, by all accounts, a tremendous experience, and our students emerge as socially responsible, intellectually curious and high academic achievers in their high schools, colleges and beyond.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 316 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 29 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 21%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 29 / rolling
All tuition reflects a 5 day (Monday - Friday) academic program and ranges based on age and academic level.
% on Financial Aid
Julie B. Haffke
- From the moment you walk into Ruffing, the difference is palpable.
- Each classroom is carefully curated to nurture and further the academic, social, and emotional development of each child. Every lead teacher is experienced and highly educated, with both undergraduate and graduate degrees, in addition to being Montessori trained. Most notable is how a Ruffing education prepares young minds to shape our changing world. The Ruffing graduate is unmistakable in the ease and confidence in which they engage in purposeful work, ask inquisitive questions, collaborate with compassion, draw connections to think critically, and write persuasively - all skills that set Ruffing students apart for high school, college, and in life.
Profile last updated: 07/22/2021
Endorse Ruffing Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?