Valley Christian Elementary School
- Valley Christian Schools, in San Jose, California, was founded in 1960 and has grown into one of the largest independent K-12 Christian school systems in the United States.
- Accredited by both ACSI and WASC, Valley Christian takes pride in its top-notch facilities.
- Its unique Kidservatory of the Arts program provides opportunities for students passionate about music, theatre, dance, visual arts to work closely with top faculty to reach great heights of success.
- The Discover AMSE (Applied Math, Science and Engineering Institute) allows students of high ability to enjoy unique challenges, including competitive math opportunities. All of these programs move naturally into the junior high and high school where students abilities peak in some of the most innovative programs available anywhere.
- The Little Warriors athletic program bring high school athletes down to our elementary campus to host sports clinics and teach sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Daily Bible classes at every grade level and weekly chapel services give students a loving environment in which to learn more about the Christian faith, and to become excited about the eternal perspective Jesus Christ brings to their lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||450 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Half day kinder is $10,748 Kindergarten is $13,067 Grades 1-3 is $14,109 Grades 4-5 is $14,380|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Scott Wessling|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Furr|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||A Stitch Of Mine, Adventures in Art, After School Glee Club, Chess King, Coding, Computer Science, Dance Express, Fun With Drums, Glee Choir, Golf, Guitar For Fun, Hand Chimes, Hands On Science, Heavenly Harps, Homework Hub, Junior Cheerleading, KidLead leadership skills development, Kids on Keyboards, Kids on Strings, Lego Club, Little Warrior Athletics, Math Olympiad, Musical Theatre, Robotics, Schmahl Science, Tennis Chess King, Coding, Dance Express, Fun With Drums, Glee Choir, Golf, Guitar For Fun, Hand Chimes, Heavenly Harps, Homework Hub, Lego Club, Math Olympiad, Robotics, Tennis, A Stitch Of Mine,|
Adventures in Art,
After School Glee Club,
Hands On Science,
KidLead leadership skills development,
Kids on Keyboards,
Kids on Strings,
Little Warrior Athletics,
- Valley Christian Elementary School additionally benefits from all the award-winning programs throughout the upper and middle school campuses being integrated into special hands-on science learning, AMSE enrichment curriculum, and conservatory training, and Little Warrior sports opportunities for students in grades K-5 (please read below for more info on these programs). Daily Bible classes, weekly chapel services and many community service events give students a loving environment in which to learn more about the Christian faith, and to become excited about the eternal perspective Jesus Christ brings to their lives.A special Student Support program at all campuses is available for students with diagnosed learning challenges. Families are encouraged to learn more about Valley Christian Schools` remarkable programs and dynamic, loving faculty through www.vcs.net.
- At VCES, highly qualified faculty and staff foster a caring learning environment that is patient, encouraging, and tailored to the unique needs of each and every student. Teachers challenge students at their individual levels of learning through differentiated instruction, project-based learning, and the most up-todate and effective digital learning tools. Our curriculum is designed to meet and exceed California state standards in the various academic disciplines. The core academic program includes Bible, reading, language, writing, math, science, and social studies. This curriculum is supplemented by our extensive offering of pull-out classes and after-school programs.
- Some Academic Spotlights. VCES participated in the Math Olympiad Competition for the second year in a row. This competition allows students in grades fourth through sixth to compete against others in their age group from schools around the world. The fourth grade team learns problemsolving techniques and becomes acclimated to the types of competition problems, while the fifth grade team`s practice builds upon experience from the previous year. For the second straight year, the fifth grade team received a National High Achievement Award for amassing a total score in the 20% of all teams worldwide. One of our very own VCES students was one of only 220 students out of 86,000 participants to earn the prestigious Dr. George Lenchner Medallion, awarded for a perfect score of 25 out of 25 questions correct for the entire competition. That places her in the top 0.25% of all students who participated.
- iPad Pilot Program: We believe in using the most effective digital learning tools. All teachers use iPads as an interactive instructional tool and in the fall of 2012, two classrooms introduced a 1:1 iPad program. Plans are underway for VCES to be an iPad campus in fall 2013.
- Artistic Beauty. Artistic instruction is an integral part of the day-today school program. Each class meets with a music teacher for weekly general lessons, and by 4th grade, each student has the opportunity to take part in "The Wheel": 8-week rotations of brass, woodwinds, strings, and choir. By the 5th grade, students select an instrument for the entire year. The instrumental instruction is part of a pull-out program during the regular school day, and different musical groups perform several times a year at events throughout the community. Our students have the wonderful opportunity to enjoy the arts after school through the Kidservatory program. Music, art, theatre, and dance classes are taught by experienced Conservatory faculty from the high school, with exciting offerings such as Musical Theatre, Fun with Drums, Heavenly Harps, and Dance Express just a few of the many after school enrichment classes offered on the Leigh campus.
- Athletic Distinction. Little Warrior Nation is an exciting opportunity for our students to learn the basics of a wide variety of sports from some of best coaches and high school athletes in the state of California. VCHS coaches and athletes travel to the elementary to share devotions, testimonies, and lessons on effort, teamwork, and sportsmanship. The "Inside Look" special event allows each Little Warrior the chance to sit on the bench with high school athletes at a game of their choice. Through the Little Warrior Nation, elementary students learn firsthand what it means to be a spirited Valley Christian Warrior.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los GatosGrades: PK-8 | 379 students
16845 Hicks Rd
Los Gatos, CA 95032
- San JoseGrades: PK-8 | 607 students
15325 Woodard Rd
San Jose, CA 95124
- Los AltosGrades: PK-8 | 261 students
625 Magdalena Avenue
Los Altos, CA 94024
- SunnyvaleGrades: K-5 | 111 students
445 S Mary Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
- CampbellGrades: NS-8 | 236 students
775 Waldo Road
Campbell, CA 95008
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.