Valley Christian Junior High School
Valley Christian Junior High School Photo #3 - The annual Rube Goldgburg competition is a highlite of the school year, where student develop their problem solving skills in developing fully out-of-the-box contraptions for big prizes!
Valley Christian Junior High School Photo #4 - Most of our classroom feature rolling desks that make a change of teaching styles and group work move quickly, promoting creative and collaborative learning.
Valley Christian Junior High School Photo #5 - VCJH Theatre puts on a number of high-level, engaging performances each year, as part of our Jr. Conservatory program.
Valley Christian Junior High School Photo #6 - Leadership students in our 8th grade show off their class theme.
Valley Christian Junior High School Photo #8 - There are over 20 different sports teams for boys and girls in the junior high.
Valley Christian Junior High School Photo #9 - Sharkie from the SJ Sharks joins VCJH students for their annual "Fun Run"!
- At Valley Christian Schools (K-12), our mission is to provide a nurturing environment offering quality education supported by a strong foundation of Christian values in partnership with parents, equipping students to become leaders to serve God, to serve their families, and to positively impact their communities and the world. Valley Christian Junior High School provides sixth, seventh and eighth grade students with a departmentalized approach for all subjects on a truly amazing campus.
- Emphasis is placed on preparing students for the comprehensive curriculum of the high school by developing good study skill and discipline for more advanced academic work.
- Core academic subjects are available at a variety of levels, ranging from average grade level to 8 different honors classes and the ability to graduate with recognition for science distinction.
- By the time students have moved through Valley Christian Jr. High and are ready to start high school, they have honed their critical and analytical skills and are ready to meet the demands of a challenging curriculum.
- In addition, the variety of exciting elective and extracurricular offerings available through the Junior Applied Math, Science, and Engineering (AMSE) Institute, the Junior Conservatory, Athletics, and our Communications department are astounding!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||2735 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra 2, English 7 Honors, English 8 Honors, Geometry, Physical Science 7 Honors, Pre-Biology|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(there is a dress code, but not uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,670|
|Tuition Notes||need-based financial assistance in available by application.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Scott Wessling|
|Admissions Associate||Anita Waltz|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||60 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3D Animation Level 1 & 2, 3D Game Design, 3D Youth Club, Aggies Club, Chess Club, Christian Ministry Training, Clay Club, Eighth Grade Young Men's Club, GEM (Girls Love Engineering, Math, Science, Tech), Girls Abiding In Truth Club, Homework Club, Introduction to American Sign Language, Introduction to Programming, Introduction to Spanish, Investigative Science: The Truth is Out There, Logic and Reasoning, Lunch Bunch Reading Club, Makerspace Club, National Junior High Mathematics Club, Project Lead The Way -- Design and Robotics, Project Lead The Way -- Environmental Science, Project Lead The Way -- Medicine and Technology, Project Lead The Way -- Space and Electricity, Robotics, Rube Goldberg Competition, Science Club, Spanish 1 Honors, Speech and Debate, STAR/Radio Youth CLub, The Sporting Life, VCJH Space Program, Video Production, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Acting, Advanced Band, Advanced Percussion Ensemble, Advanced Strings, Alpha Band, Alpha Drums, Art Foundations, Cadet Band, Cadet Strings, Chamber String Ensemble, Clay Projects 1 & 2, Color Guard, Dance Fundamentals, Dance Workshop, Drama 1, Hip-Hop Dance, JH Vocal Ensemble, Junior High Photo, Music Creation With The iPad, Piano, Quest Band, Quest Choir, Quest Percussion Ensemble, Quest Studio Band, Theatrical Design and Technology, Vocal Ensemble, Worship Band.
- In our academically challenging yet nurturing environment, sixth, seventh, and eighth graders emerge as true students who learn through a comprehensive approach to all subjects. The solid academic foundation at VCJH is grounded in the core subjects of Bible, English, math, physical education, science, and history. Eight different honors courses are available, and this strength of schedule is coupled with a wide-ranging selection of exciting electives. Given the variety of academic options, VCJH students are able to pursue knowledge at a level that meets their specific needs. Emphasis is placed on developing effective study skills and discipline for more advanced academic work. Additionally, co-curricular programs through the Conservatory of the Arts and AMSE (the Applied Math, Science, and Engineering Institute) enrich students` God-given talents with extraordinary opportunities, preparing them for the rigorous college preparatory program at Valley Christian High School.
- Spiritual Life at VCJH is fostered through many different avenues:Prioritizing the spiritual health of the entire faculty so that students are surrounded by positive, Christian role models.
- Daily prayer for every student
- Cross-curricular biblical integration
- Required Bible courses
- Weekly chapels and biannual spiritual emphasis weeks
- Opportunities for involvement in the Where Everybody Belongs (W.E.B.) program
- Opportunities for service in the Christian MinistryTraining program
- Student-led initiatives involving worship, prayer, and service on the campus
- Valley Christian Junior High School was honored by being named the Intel School of Distinction - Star Innovator 2011 and the Intel School of Distinction - Middle School Mathematics Excellence 2011. The Intel press release states, "Intel sponsors the Schools of Distinction awards to honor schools for implementing innovative math and science programs and serving as models for other schools. Intel`s Schools of Distinction awards program honors K-12 schools that have some of the most successful educational programs in the country. Schools recognized for this award have demonstrated excellence in math and science education and in their ability to promote students` problem solving, critical thinking and collaboration skills - areas called `21st Century Skills` by educators."
- Valley Christian Junior High School was awarded the honor of being named the Intel School of Distinction for Middle School Mathematics. This award is granted by the Intel School of Distinction to the school demonstrating a mathematics environment and curricula that meets or exceeds benchmarks put forth by the national mathematics content standards. The VCJH math program was especially recognized for demonstrating excellence in math education through innovative teaching and learning environments in this nationwide contest.
- As a member of the Santa Clara County East Side Junior High Coaches Association, VCJH participates in the highest level of competition in Santa Clara County. We are pleased to provide our emerging junior high student-athletes with a balanced program that consists of 22 teams competing in 12 different sports. We are also committed to employing coaches who model Christian values both on and off the athletic field as they help prepare our student-athletes to be leaders in the community.
- As a branch of the Conservatory of the Arts, we are able to offer VCJH students a full range of visual and performing arts classes in visual arts, dance arts, music, and theatre arts. Budding young artists have the opportunity to further develop their God-given talents in a program of unmatched quality and breadth of offerings, while providing the necessary preparation for matriculation to the high school Conservatory of the Arts.
- Valley Christian Junior High offers students an opportunity to prepare for our esteemed Applied Math, Science, and Engineering (AMSE) Institute when they enter the high school through our special Junior AMSE program. Students in this landmark program have a set goal to achieve and stay on task to be prepared for the AMSE Institute in high school. It also allows them priority placement in AMSE electives, access to exclusive AMSE lectures and events, active mentorships from industry leaders, internship opportunities with industry partners, and special recognition upon graduation. VCJH offers many curricular opportunities for students to participate in Junior AMSE. For example, a student team from VCJH each year builds a self-contained experiment to operate in micro-gravity aboard the International Space Station. From the after-school Robotics Club, the WarriorBots competitive team, Chi Alpha Mu Math Club, Science Club, numerous competition opportunities, and a variety of innovative, hands-on science and engineering classes, AMSE opportunities abound at VCJH. AMSE provides students with incredible facilities, outstanding curriculum, and unique opportunities that aim to inspire future mathematicians, scientists, and engineers.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atchison Grades: 9-12 | 224 students
1000 Green Street
Atchison, KS 66002
(913)367-5482 1448.7 9-12
- Zaleski Grades: NS-12
Zaleski, OH 45698
(000)- 2126.2 NS-12
- Charlottesville Grades: 8-12 | 177 students
1000 Samuel Miller Loop
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434)823-4805 2338.2 8-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.