Valley Christian Junior High School
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 2,735 students
- Yearly Tuition: $20,670
- Application Deadline: Jan. 18 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
there is a dress code, but not uniforms
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
3D Animation Level 1 & 2, 3D Game Design, 3D Youth Club, Aggies Club, Chess Club, Christian Ministry Training, Clay Club, Eighth Grade Young Men's Club, GEM (Girls Love Engineering, Math, Science, Tech), Girls Abiding In Truth Club, Homework Club, Introduction to American Sign Language, Introduction to Programming, Introduction to Spanish, Investigative Science: The Truth is Out There, Logic and Reasoning, Lunch Bunch Reading Club, Makerspace Club, National Junior High Mathematics Club, Project Lead The Way -- Design and Robotics, Project Lead The Way -- Environmental Science, Project Lead The Way -- Medicine and Technology, Project Lead The Way -- Space and Electricity, Robotics, Rube Goldberg Competition, Science Club, Spanish 1 Honors, Speech and Debate, STAR/Radio Youth CLub, The Sporting Life, VCJH Space Program, Video Production, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Acting, Advanced Band, Advanced Percussion Ensemble, Advanced Strings, Alpha Band, Alpha Drums, Art Foundations, Cadet Band, Cadet Strings, Chamber String Ensemble, Clay Projects 1 & 2, Color Guard, Dance Fundamentals, Dance Workshop, Drama 1, Hip-Hop Dance, JH Vocal Ensemble, Junior High Photo, Music Creation With The iPad, Piano, Quest Band, Quest Choir, Quest Percussion Ensemble, Quest Studio Band, Theatrical Design and Technology, Vocal Ensemble, Worship Band.
- In our academically challenging yet nurturing environment, sixth, seventh, and eighth graders emerge as true students who learn through a comprehensive approach to all subjects. The solid academic foundation at VCJH is grounded in the core subjects of Bible, English, math, physical education, science, and history. Eight different honors courses are available, and this strength of schedule is coupled with a wide-ranging selection of exciting electives. Given the variety of academic options, VCJH students are able to pursue knowledge at a level that meets their specific needs. Emphasis is placed on developing effective study skills and discipline for more advanced academic work. Additionally, co-curricular programs through the Conservatory of the Arts and AMSE (the Applied Math, Science, and Engineering Institute) enrich students` God-given talents with extraordinary opportunities, preparing them for the rigorous college preparatory program at Valley Christian High School.
- Spiritual Life at VCJH is fostered through many different avenues:Prioritizing the spiritual health of the entire faculty so that students are surrounded by positive, Christian role models.
- Daily prayer for every student
- Cross-curricular biblical integration
- Required Bible courses
- Weekly chapels and biannual spiritual emphasis weeks
- Opportunities for involvement in the Where Everybody Belongs (W.E.B.) program
- Opportunities for service in the Christian MinistryTraining program
- Student-led initiatives involving worship, prayer, and service on the campus
- Valley Christian Junior High School was honored by being named the Intel School of Distinction - Star Innovator 2011 and the Intel School of Distinction - Middle School Mathematics Excellence 2011. The Intel press release states, "Intel sponsors the Schools of Distinction awards to honor schools for implementing innovative math and science programs and serving as models for other schools. Intel`s Schools of Distinction awards program honors K-12 schools that have some of the most successful educational programs in the country. Schools recognized for this award have demonstrated excellence in math and science education and in their ability to promote students` problem solving, critical thinking and collaboration skills - areas called `21st Century Skills` by educators."
- Valley Christian Junior High School was awarded the honor of being named the Intel School of Distinction for Middle School Mathematics. This award is granted by the Intel School of Distinction to the school demonstrating a mathematics environment and curricula that meets or exceeds benchmarks put forth by the national mathematics content standards. The VCJH math program was especially recognized for demonstrating excellence in math education through innovative teaching and learning environments in this nationwide contest.
- As a member of the Santa Clara County East Side Junior High Coaches Association, VCJH participates in the highest level of competition in Santa Clara County. We are pleased to provide our emerging junior high student-athletes with a balanced program that consists of 22 teams competing in 12 different sports. We are also committed to employing coaches who model Christian values both on and off the athletic field as they help prepare our student-athletes to be leaders in the community.
- As a branch of the Conservatory of the Arts, we are able to offer VCJH students a full range of visual and performing arts classes in visual arts, dance arts, music, and theatre arts. Budding young artists have the opportunity to further develop their God-given talents in a program of unmatched quality and breadth of offerings, while providing the necessary preparation for matriculation to the high school Conservatory of the Arts.
- Valley Christian Junior High offers students an opportunity to prepare for our esteemed Applied Math, Science, and Engineering (AMSE) Institute when they enter the high school through our special Junior AMSE program. Students in this landmark program have a set goal to achieve and stay on task to be prepared for the AMSE Institute in high school. It also allows them priority placement in AMSE electives, access to exclusive AMSE lectures and events, active mentorships from industry leaders, internship opportunities with industry partners, and special recognition upon graduation. VCJH offers many curricular opportunities for students to participate in Junior AMSE. For example, a student team from VCJH each year builds a self-contained experiment to operate in micro-gravity aboard the International Space Station. From the after-school Robotics Club, the WarriorBots competitive team, Chi Alpha Mu Math Club, Science Club, numerous competition opportunities, and a variety of innovative, hands-on science and engineering classes, AMSE opportunities abound at VCJH. AMSE provides students with incredible facilities, outstanding curriculum, and unique opportunities that aim to inspire future mathematicians, scientists, and engineers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Valley Christian Junior High School cost?
Valley Christian Junior High School's tuition is approximately $20,670 for private students.
What sports does Valley Christian Junior High School offer?
Valley Christian Junior High School offers 12 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo and Wrestling. Valley Christian Junior High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in California for most sports offered.
What is Valley Christian Junior High School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Valley Christian Junior High School?
The application deadline for Valley Christian Junior High School is Jan. 18 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 18 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Valley Christian Junior High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards