Vancouver Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- An authentic Montessori environment facilitates development of the whole child--physical, social, academic, & emotional.
- To assist in the child's self-construction of becoming a well-rounded, excellently socialized human being with a rational, inquisitive, well-organized mind is the end goal of a Montessori education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Montessor classrooms support varied learning styles with multisensory learning|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Comfortable, supporting independence with no media characters)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending on scheduled day. Five day a week expectation.|
|Admissions Director||Kendra Eimen|
|Admissions Associate||Leslie Pedersen|
- Each of our classrooms at VMS (3 Primary & 1 Toddler) are led by an AMI trained guide who is complimented by at least one assistant. Montessori classrooms offer a mixed-age, multi-faceted peer group of up to 20 children (14 in the toddler room), creating true communities. The specially-prepared environment includes areas of practical life, sensorial, language, math, geography and biology, expression and music. We are very committed, as a staff, to the connectedness of each child to the natural world. Therefore, outdoor time and experience are a regular part of the classroom as well.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vancouver Grades: PK-12 | 104 students
4120 NE St Johns Road
Vancouver, WA 98661
(360)906-0941 3.6 PK-12
- Vancouver Grades: PK-8 | 380 students
6500 Highland Drive
Vancouver, WA 98661
(360)696-2586 2 PK-8
All three of my children have been fortunate to attend this wonderful school! It is such a nurturing environment. My children truly thrived and were able to express themselves individually. The staff is very knowledgeable and caring. I wouldn't have wanted my children anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - Ingel
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.