Vancouver Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- An authentic Montessori environment facilitates development of the whole child--physical, social, academic, & emotional.
- To assist in the child's self-construction of becoming a well-rounded, excellently socialized human being with a rational, inquisitive, well-organized mind is the end goal of a Montessori education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Montessor classrooms support varied learning styles with multisensory learning|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Comfortable, supporting independence with no media characters)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending on scheduled day. Five day a week expectation.|
|Admissions Director||Kendra Eimen|
|Admissions Associate||Leslie Pedersen|
- Each of our classrooms at VMS (3 Primary & 1 Toddler) are led by an AMI trained guide who is complimented by at least one assistant. Montessori classrooms offer a mixed-age, multi-faceted peer group of up to 20 children (14 in the toddler room), creating true communities. The specially-prepared environment includes areas of practical life, sensorial, language, math, geography and biology, expression and music. We are very committed, as a staff, to the connectedness of each child to the natural world. Therefore, outdoor time and experience are a regular part of the classroom as well.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vancouver Grades: PK-12 | 104 students
4120 NE St Johns Road
Vancouver, WA 98661
(360)906-0941 3.6 PK-12
- Vancouver Grades: PK-8 | 380 students
6500 Highland Drive
Vancouver, WA 98661
(360)696-2586 2 PK-8
All three of my children have been fortunate to attend this wonderful school! It is such a nurturing environment. My children truly thrived and were able to express themselves individually. The staff is very knowledgeable and caring. I wouldn't have wanted my children anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - Ingel
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.