- The mission of Veritas School is to cultivate wisdom, virtue, and godliness in its students, faculty, staff, families, and communities by providing an excellent, Christ-centered and classical education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Average SAT score||1410|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Skirts, khaki pants, chambray shirts, navy sweaters)
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Sports||Cross CountryCross Country
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chamber Choir, Concert Choir, Drama, Speech and Debate, Yearbook Chamber Choir, Concert Choir, Drama, Yearbook, Speech and Debate,
- At Veritas, we seek to challenge children individually at all levels and teach them how to learn by using the centuries-old and well-proven classical method.
- A Veritas education begins by nurturing a child’s natural sense of wonder and developing it into the intellectual curiosity of a graduate who is prepared to engage the world with purpose and confidence. We are committed to providing a classical education where students acquire the tools of learning that will lead them to become lifelong learners.
- Much of Western Civilization – our culture, laws, history, and language – has been built on the heritage of the ancient Hebrews, Greeks, and Romans. For an education to have depth, certain aspects of this heritage need to be studied, understood, and appreciated.
- Early Christians developed the classical teaching method, which revolved around what were called the Seven Liberal Arts. This method was utilized through the Middle Ages and into the early 1900’s, proving to be remarkably successful.
- By adopting an updated version of the “Trivium,” the name given to the first three of these Seven Liberal Arts, the teachers at Veritas are better able to pass on the invaluable “tools of learning” that built the foundation of education throughout this amazing period of history.
- The three parts of the Trivium are:
- Grammar – the foundations. Memorizing the basic facts of a subject
- Logic – understanding the relationship of those facts to each other; and
- Rhetoric – knowing how to effectively communicate this knowledge to others.
- At Veritas, the Trivium model is applied to every academic subject through various teaching techniques and activities carefully related to a child’s age and stage of development.
- Veritas School acknowledges that all life, knowledge and meaning extend from our Creator. This approach requires that all subjects, whether history, art, music, mathematics or science be taught with God at the core. At Veritas, Jesus isn’t just present or prominent - he is preeminent. This reality impacts life in the classroom.
Profile last updated: 08/15/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewbergGrades: K-12 | 130 students
1605 N. College St. / PO Box 3250
Newberg, OR 97132
McminnvilleGrades: PK-4 | 48 students
1101 Se Brooks St
Mcminnville, OR 97128
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.