Tel: (503) 538-1962
Veritas is the #2 College Prep Christian High School in Oregon (niche.com)
Veritas is the #3 Christian High School in Oregon and the #6 Private K-12 School in Oregon
The mission of Veritas School is to cultivate wisdom, virtue, and godliness in its students, faculty, staff, families, and communities by providing an excellent, Christ-centered and classical education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Average SAT score||1267|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Skirts, khaki pants, chambray shirts, navy sweaters)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Track and FieldCross Country, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Classical League, Drama, Garden Club, Speech and Debate, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Choir, Concert Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Townball (19th c. baseball)
- At Veritas, we seek to challenge children individually at all levels and teach them how to learn by using the centuries-old and well-proven classical method.
- A Veritas education begins by nurturing a child`s natural sense of wonder and developing it into the intellectual curiosity of a graduate who is prepared to engage the world with purpose and confidence. We are committed to providing a classical education where students acquire the tools of learning that will lead them to become lifelong learners.
- Much of Western Civilization our culture, laws, history, and language has been built on the heritage of the ancient Hebrews, Greeks, and Romans. For an education to have depth, certain aspects of this heritage need to be studied, understood, and appreciated.
- Early Christians developed the classical teaching method, which revolved around what were called the Seven Liberal Arts. This method was utilized through the Middle Ages and into the early 1900`s, proving to be remarkably successful.
- By adopting an updated version of the "Trivium," the name given to the first three of these Seven Liberal Arts, the teachers at Veritas are better able to pass on the invaluable "tools of learning" that built the foundation of education throughout this amazing period of history.
- The three parts of the Trivium are:
- Grammar the foundations. Memorizing the basic facts of a subject
- Logic understanding the relationship of those facts to each other; and
- Rhetoric knowing how to effectively communicate this knowledge to others.
- At Veritas, the Trivium model is applied to every academic subject through various teaching techniques and activities carefully related to a child`s age and stage of development.
- Veritas School acknowledges that all life, knowledge and meaning extend from our Creator. This approach requires that all subjects, whether history, art, music, mathematics or science be taught with God at the core. At Veritas, Jesus isn`t just present or prominent - he is preeminent. This reality impacts life in the classroom.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mcminnville Grades: PK-4 | 66 students
1101 Se Brooks St
Mcminnville, OR 97128
(503) 434-5081 14.3 PK-4
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.