- Top Ranked OR School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 205 students
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Skirts, khaki pants, chambray shirts, navy sweaters
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Classical League, Drama, Garden Club, Speech and Debate, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Choir, Concert Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Townball (19th c. baseball)
- At Veritas, we seek to challenge children individually at all levels and teach them how to learn by using the centuries-old and well-proven classical method.
- A Veritas education begins by nurturing a child`s natural sense of wonder and developing it into the intellectual curiosity of a graduate who is prepared to engage the world with purpose and confidence. We are committed to providing a classical education where students acquire the tools of learning that will lead them to become lifelong learners.
- Much of Western Civilization our culture, laws, history, and language has been built on the heritage of the ancient Hebrews, Greeks, and Romans. For an education to have depth, certain aspects of this heritage need to be studied, understood, and appreciated.
- Early Christians developed the classical teaching method, which revolved around what were called the Seven Liberal Arts. This method was utilized through the Middle Ages and into the early 1900`s, proving to be remarkably successful.
- By adopting an updated version of the "Trivium," the name given to the first three of these Seven Liberal Arts, the teachers at Veritas are better able to pass on the invaluable "tools of learning" that built the foundation of education throughout this amazing period of history.
- The three parts of the Trivium are:
- Grammar the foundations. Memorizing the basic facts of a subject
- Logic understanding the relationship of those facts to each other; and
- Rhetoric knowing how to effectively communicate this knowledge to others.
- At Veritas, the Trivium model is applied to every academic subject through various teaching techniques and activities carefully related to a child`s age and stage of development.
- Veritas School acknowledges that all life, knowledge and meaning extend from our Creator. This approach requires that all subjects, whether history, art, music, mathematics or science be taught with God at the core. At Veritas, Jesus isn`t just present or prominent - he is preeminent. This reality impacts life in the classroom.
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Veritas School often compared to?
Veritas Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like C.S. Lewis Academy by visitors of our site.
What sports does Veritas School offer?
Veritas School offers 2 interscholastic sports: Cross Country and Track and Field.
What is Veritas School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Veritas School?
The application deadline for Veritas School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Veritas School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards