Village Montessori Children's House
5.00 (1 review)
- Village Montessori is dedicated to provide a well- prepared environment that holds true to Dr. Maria Montessori's method of early childhood education.
- School respects and nurtures each child's individuality and provides a secure, loving and stimulating environment.
- Our overall goal is to develop, within the young child, a very realistic and strong sense of independence and self-reliance in a loving, stable, and protective environment.
- Village Montessoris curriculum is based on the traditional Montessori primary classroom, for children age 2.5 to 6.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||15 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Oswego Grades: PK-K | 31 students
1855 Southshore Blvd
Lake Oswego, OR 97034 1 PK-K
- Portland Grades: 4-11 | 13 students
12250 Se River Rd
Portland, OR 97222
(503)653-1487 1.8 4-11
My son is thriving in Village Montessori. Children are taught the boundaries and expected to respect them. Within those boundaries ( be kind to your friends, take care of the materials, clean up after yourself), children are welcome to explore. The curriculum is great for naturally curious children. Each teacher gets to know each child and provides gentle guidance and personalized instruction. When the weather allows, the outdoor space is used extensively, and is well maintained and beautiful. My child's dietary restrictions are respected and treated as no big deal. Younger children are provided a separate room for taking a nap, separated from the main play area. Older children are provided additional time for play and instruction. My daughter also attended Village Montessori until she entered Kindergarten. She was incredibly prepared for public school, a model citizen in her classroom and member of the most advanced reading group. Strong recommend.
- Posted by Parent - amand
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.