- Ware Academy is a college preparatory school for students in Pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- The school empowers each student to achieve academic excellence, emphasizing the development of mind, body and character.
- The primary objectives are to educate the whole child to his fullest potential and for students to acquire a respect and a desire for learning in order to develop into independent, life long learners in preparation for productive and fulfilled lives.
- The school embraces and appreciates that students possess individual styles.
- Ware Academy is a non-profit, non-denominational, non-sectarian independent school founded in 1949.
- The school promotes ethnic and racial diversity. Moralistic and ethical principles are fostered, enriching students to develop integrity, empathy and compassion for all living things.
- Ware selects students on the basis of academic potential and developmental readiness without regard to race, color, creed, or ethnic origin.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||147 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Dawn R. Fleet|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Drums, Guitar Lessons, Violin
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- GloucesterGrades: K | 29 students
10487 Harcum Rd
Gloucester, VA 23061
- GloucesterGrades: PK-3 | 23 students
Po Box 1510
Gloucester, VA 23061
- ChristchurchGrades: 9-12 | 210 students
49 Seahorse Lane
Christchurch, VA 23031
- YorktownGrades: PK-KG | 46 students
Po Box 123
Yorktown, VA 23690
- WilliamsburgGrades: PK-K | 75 students
1679 Merrimac Trail
Williamsburg, VA 23185