- Chesapeake Academy is an independent, coeducational day school serving a diverse population of Pre-Kindergarten 3 & 4 years through Eighth Grade students in the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula of Virginia.
- The school prepares each student for their future academic, ethical, social, and physical endeavors in an intellectually challenging environment with a unique curriculum grounded in a nurturing, family-oriented atmosphere.
- The Academy prepares each student for their secondary school of choice.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)|
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Chesapeake Academy students follow both a casual dress code as well as a formal dress code for certain days of the school year.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten 3 & 4 $5,850 Grades Kindergarten through Four $10,295 Grades Five through Eight $10,870|
|Admissions Director||Hilary Scott|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||8th grade week-long field study trip in South Florida (Seacamp), Blue/White Intramural Competitions, Community Service, Drama, Early Childhood Enrichment Series, Field Trips, Middle School Inward Bound, Music/Chorus/Instrumental Instruction, Osprey Chorus, Performing Arts and Lecture Series (PALS), Student Council, Tone Chime Choir, Yearbook|
- When choosing the right educational environment to meet the needs of your child(ren), keep in mind the caliber of students that attend Chesapeake Academy. These students are: Committed to learning; Eager to meet new people; Of strong ethical character; Well-rounded, with varied interests and talents; Excited about becoming part of a close-knit community; and, Interested in developing themselves to the fullest through academic challenge, athletic competition, and artistic exploration.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Christchurch Grades: 9-12 | 210 students
49 Seahorse Lane
Christchurch, VA 23031
(804)758-2306 7.7 9-12
- Gloucester Grades: PK-6 | 33 students
8381 George Washington Memorial Highway
Gloucester, VA 23061
(804)693-6455 10.5 PK-6
- Gloucester Grades: 1-8 | 100 students
7936 John Clayton Memorial Hwy
Gloucester, VA 23061
(804)693-3825 16.8 1-8
- Bruington Grades: PK-8 | 165 students
1657 Powcan Rd.
Bruington, VA 23023
(804)443-3214 30.3 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.