Providence Classical School
Providence Classical School Photo #2 - Head of School Susan Oweis, VA Gazette's Best Principal in Williamsburg, lead the school's first assembly of the school year.
Providence Classical School Photo #3 - Students gathered with Head of School Susan Oweis on their first day as new house members.
Providence Classical School Photo #4 - Lower grade students perform a special song for guests on Grandparent's and Special Friend's Day.
Providence Classical School Photo #5 - Rhetoric student describing summer travel to Italy, a program offered through the Society for Classical Learning.
- Providence Classical School is well known for its outstanding academic program and is the only classical, Christian school in Williamsburg.
- PCS nurtures a child's love of learning and equips them with the tools to think and live as strong Christians.
- We invite you to come and see how our students are embracing the classical method of learning, tour the school, meet the staff and review our curriculum.
- You will be amazed at the extraordinary things our students are doing and learning at Providence Classical School!.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Parental contracts with NILD, teacher support|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants and logo polo shirt, Plaid skirt/jumper)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for admission and tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Susan Oweis|
|Admissions Associate||Tricia Klock|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AdTech, Archery Club, Art Lessons, Band, Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Choir and Voice, Classical Drama (6-12), Drama (2-5), Girl Scouts, Jump Rope Club, Liturgical Dance, Moms in Touch, Piano Lessons, Science Club, Tennis Lessons, Yearbook|
- At PCS, our teachers and staff really get to know your child. We love, cherish and encourage them to reach their full God-given potential. PCS features: • Kindergarten (half and full day) through 12th grade • Acclaimed curriculum, classically taught: math, science, phonics/reading, grammar, writing, Bible, history, Latin beginning in 3rd grade, and for upper grades, logic, debate, Greek, advanced math, Humane Letters and more. • Small classes: a maximum class size of 15 students in K; 18 in other classes • Creative play time and reading centers for younger grades and recess for all grades • Accelerated learner options • Weekly art and music classes • Daily classical "Memory Period" • Weekly Chapel with guest speakers • Prayer Buddy student mentor program, matching older students with young ones ABOUT CLASSICAL EDUCATION It's an educational system that has produced some of the finest minds in the world -- from St. Augustine and Patrick Henry to Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Marie Curie and many others. Classical education is a method of teaching built on centuries of proven techniques that prepare students to become self directed learners who can think for themselves. In classical education, learning is structured according to the natural stages of child development. This enables students to gain knowledge, understanding, and wisdom at age appropriate stages as they progress through the curriculum. The results are simply phenomenal, with each grade at Providence Classical regularly scoring in the top 15 percent of standardized achievement tests.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newport News Grades: PK-12 | 655 students
739 Academy Lane
Newport News, VA 23602
(757)884-9100 19.7 PK-12
- Richmond Grades: K-12 | 223 students
1501 S. Providence Rd
Richmond, VA 23236
(804)276-5200 45.3 K-12
- Henrico Grades: NS-12 | 215 students
8701 Ridge Road
Henrico, VA 23229
(804)741-2860 48.7 NS-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.