Greenwood Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Greenwood Christian Academy Photo #3 - Kindergarten and 5th grade Graduation celebrations are always special.
Greenwood Christian Academy Photo #4 - A GCA student receiving the prestigious "Presidential Academic Excellence Award."
Greenwood Christian Academy Photo #5 - Equipping students through a Christ-centered curriculum, with values of: ?faith, ?honor, ?service, ?excellence, ?and leadership
- We are committed to providing your child with the highest quality academic program in the context of a Christian environment that also provides opportunity for academic growth and spiritual development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool students (ages 2-4) may attend half days or full days from 2-5 days per week. Half days are listed here. Refer to our website for whole day tuition rates. 2 Half days =$194 /month for 10 monthly pays 3 Half days=$266 4 Half days= $312 5 Half|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Roberta Payne|
|Admissions Associate||Alice Vellines|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Dance, Intramural Sports OnlyBallet, Dance,|
Intramural Sports Only
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Spanish, Sylvan Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- STEM Integration (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- SMART Boards in every classroom
- Biblical Integration (and weekly Chapel services)
- In April of 2016, our Kindergarten students scored at the 98%ile on the national standardized Terra Nova 3 test.
- Character First Curriculum
- Full size Gym, Library, Computer Lab
- Four students have received the prestigous President's Award for Academic Excellence
- Authentic Learning and Field Trips
- Switched On Computing Curriculum
- Spanish Lessons PreK-8th
- Latin Lessons for 6th-8th grade students
- Watch D.O.G.S. program (Dads of Great Students)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Williamsburg Grades: PK-12 | 462 students
Po Box 8702
Williamsburg, VA 23187
(253)863-2332 0.7 PK-12
My daughter absolutely loves coming here. She is excited about learning every day. She has been here since kindergarten. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The building always looks well organised and clean. We feel good about sending her to Greenwood Christian Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Sara Plato
One of our GCA grandparents recently posted this at our school website: My granddaughter attended Kindergarten at Greenwood and it was amazing to watch her come out of her shell. At her pre-k programs she was so scared of being in front of people she would literally cry. At the kindergarten program she sang solo twice and did awesome! But the biggest change I saw was recently....we had special prayer time at our church for those who had an illness and she was the first one to lay hands on the persons being prayed for! I truly believe that GCA had a big hand in helping her be bold! We are looking forward to first grade!!!
- Posted by Administrator - maril
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.