Greenwood Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (757) 345-0905
- We are committed to providing your child with the highest quality academic program in the context of a Christian environment that also provides opportunity for academic growth and spiritual development.
- Greenwood Christian Academy aims to extend "family" in school - 12/24/2015 - GCA is voted "Best Private School" by the Williamsburg and James City County communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$60|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Are you looking for your child to have some fun this summer? If so, Camp Greenwood is where the fun will be. Our camp staff has been working hard on putting together a fun and exciting summer for children age 2 (must be fully potty trained) and up.We do not require you to pay for an entire week like most camps, we allow you to pay for what you USE!Our Camp hours are 8:30-3:30 Monday through Friday. We do offer before care starting at 7:30 and aftercare until 5:30 pm for an additional weekly fee.Please see Tara Sagman and fill out a registration form today!Cost BreakdownDaily Rate = $32 / Day Registration Fee = $25 (due at Registration) Before Care = $10 / Week After Care = 10 / Week|
|Total Students||98 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(On Chapel Day the students have a more formal uniform.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,464|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool Tuition Notes: Preschool students (ages 2-4) may attend half days or full days from 2-5 days per week. Half days are listed here.2 Half days =$204 / 10 Months 3 Half days=$281 / 10 Months 4 Half days= $332 / 10 Months 5 Half days = $375 / 10 MonthsFull Days2 Full Days = $294 / 10 Months 3 Full Days = $400 / 10 Months 4 Full Days = $478 / 10 Months 5 Full Days = $563 / 10 MonthsElementary School Tuition RatesKindergarten = $646 / 12 Months [with an additional child] = $613 / 12 Months 1st through 5th Grade = $707 / 12 Months [with an additional child] = $672 / 12 Months6th through 8th Grade *Rates coming Soon!!!*|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Maureen Mallory|
|Admissions Associate||Alice Vellines|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Golf, Gymnastics, Intramural Sports OnlyBallet, Basketball,|
Gymnastics, Intramural Sports Only,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Spanish, Sylvan Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- STEM Integration (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- SMART Boards in every classroom
- Biblical Integration (and weekly Chapel services)
- In April of 2016, our Kindergarten students scored at the 98%ile on the national standardized Terra Nova 3 test.
- Character First Curriculum
- Full size Gym, Library, Computer Lab
- Four students have received the prestigous President's Award for Academic Excellence
- Authentic Learning and Field Trips
- Switched On Computing Curriculum
- Spanish Lessons PreK-8th
- Latin Lessons for 6th-8th grade students
- Watch D.O.G.S. program (Dads of Great Students)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Williamsburg Grades: PK-12 | 462 students
1100 Jamestown Rd
Williamsburg, VA 23187
(757) 229-6026 0.7 PK-12
My daughter absolutely loves coming here. She is excited about learning every day. She has been here since kindergarten. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The building always looks well organised and clean. We feel good about sending her to Greenwood Christian Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Sara Plato
One of our GCA grandparents recently posted this at our school website: My granddaughter attended Kindergarten at Greenwood and it was amazing to watch her come out of her shell. At her pre-k programs she was so scared of being in front of people she would literally cry. At the kindergarten program she sang solo twice and did awesome! But the biggest change I saw was recently....we had special prayer time at our church for those who had an illness and she was the first one to lay hands on the persons being prayed for! I truly believe that GCA had a big hand in helping her be bold! We are looking forward to first grade!!!
- Posted by Administrator - maril
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.