Wasatch Academy Photo #2 - With small class sizes, full-time dorm parents, and a project-based education approach, students can elevate their knowledge into a lifelong pursuit of learning at the best private school in the United States.
Wasatch Academy Photo #3 - Utah is home to 7 National Monuments, 6 National Forests, 5 National Parks, 45 State Parks, and more. We know all the most popular spots, and the best kept secrets. Come explore with us.
Wasatch Academy Photo #4 - Our Annual Junior River Trip strengthens relationships in the community and offers a genuine adventure to our staff, faculty and students.
Wasatch Academy Photo #5 - Utah has some of the best snow on earth. Home to 14 world-class Ski Resorts. Our Wasatch Academy snowsports team can be found on our privately owned ski hill, or at one of Utah's many resorts.
Wasatch Academy Photo #6 - Todd Tree, Director of Equestrian & Rodeo at Wasatch Academy, was recognized for creating an inclusive equine program at the annual Utah Best of State this year, 2019.
Wasatch Academy Photo #7 - Today, we have been recognized by NIKE, Inc. as a top-tier program in the United States in addition to a consensus Top 10 national ranking out of more than 40,000 high school programs and a No. 5 seed in the 2019 GEICO Nationals (NHSI).
Wasatch Academy Photo #8 - This year's Jensen-Gill performers displayed an incredible level of showmanship and talent. The music preliminaries offered a wide range of performances including duets, guitar solos, eloquent piano pieces, and violin solos. The dance and drama preliminaries hosted well-versed monologues, group dance performances, aerial arts, and individual and duet dance performances.
Wasatch Academy Photo #9 - Wasatch Academy announces the opening of the Center for Contemporary Music (CCM) under the direction of GRAMMY-nominated educator, musician, author, and producer Caleb Chapman. "This program is the first of its kind anywhere. Students have access to instruction and performance opportunities typically reserved only for musicians at the university level," said Chapman.
Wasatch Academy Photo #10 - The Wasatch Academy Arts program encompasses everything from visual art, ceramics, printmaking, photography and more. From the facilities to the teachers, Wasatch Academy is among the top-performing arts boarding schools where you’ll have access to great resources to help you grow.
- Wasatch Academy offers a learning experience unlike any other. An experience created in a culture built on kindness, dignity, and respect.
- This provides an environment that encourages a student to push themselves, set their own goals, and achieve more personally and academically. Students come here eager to develop passions, discover untapped potential, and find their unique learning style.
- A school where creative thinking is encouraged and students are prepared for college as independent, successful learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Support Program offered|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$10,500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer Experience (six weeks): $10,500 Summer Dash (three-week session): $5,250|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||333 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, Ap English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Mandarin, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S Government and Politics, AP U.S History|
|Average SAT score||1190|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$62,300|
|Tuition Notes||Includes tuition, room, board, and most weekend activities|
|Admissions Director||Jolean Barkdull|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Nied|
|Endowment Size||$5 million|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Debate, International Clubs, Journalism, Math, National Honor Society, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Dance Company, Guitar Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Photography, Robotics, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Equestrian Program, Skiing, Snowboarding
- At Wasatch Academy, learning is an experience. Our specialized style of project-based learning is creative but intensive and focuses on helping every student reach their highest potential. Students study topics in-depth, exploring the intersection of ideas and disciplines. Along the way, students master core academic content and make valuable observations about how they learn. Students complete course requirements with a deep content understanding and personal ownership of their learning. They also gain respect for the environment and attain a powerful awareness of how communities are interconnected.
- While at Wasatch Academy, you are given many opportunities to fill your resume with leadership positions, athletic participation, art experience, community service, and much more. You learn personal and global responsibility through engaging classroom discussions, college counseling support, and real-life experiences of helping others inside and outside the school community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Layton Grades: PK-12 | 401 students
2352 E Highway 193
Layton, UT 84040
(807)771-7141 110.6 PK-12
- Ogden Grades: 9-12 | 170 students
1790 Lake St
Ogden, UT 84401
(801)394-1515 118.3 9-12
- Provo Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
1598 W 820 N
Provo, UT 84601
(801)356-1000 49.9 PK-8
- Provo Grades: 8-12 | 86 students
4501 N University Ave
Provo, UT 84604
(801)227-2000 52.9 8-12
Here is an overview of the private school admissions process, as well as the steps needed to find the right private school for your child.
What do teachers earn? Teachers' salaries vary from state to state, indeed, from school to school.
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.