- Wasatch Academy is a co-ed college preparatory boarding school located in Mt. Pleasant, Utah.
- Our global campus brings together students from more than 35 countries and more than 25 states.
- At Wasatch Academy, our students are guided to become ethical citizens of the world while getting prepared for college.
- Throughout the year, they take advantage of a beautiful setting in the heart of Utah, surrounded by several national parks and unique outdoor opportunities.
- In addition, every weekend students have the opportunity to attend several cultural and sports events in nearby Salt Lake City.
- Our students are provided with the highest academic atmosphere while being instructed by committed faculty that care about their success, in and outside of the classroom.
- At Wasatch Academy, our goal is to prepare students to live in a globalized 21st century world.
- Our student body learns alongside peers with a diverse array of perspectives, languages and cultures.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Support Program offered|
|Total Students||312 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, Ap English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Mandarin, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S Government and Politics, AP U.S History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Collar shirts, no jeans during academic day)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kimberly Stephens|
|Admissions Associate||Yang Liu|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||National Honor Society, Chess, Robotics, Math, Student Government, Debate, Journalism, International Clubs, Snowboarding, Yearbook, Dance Company, Theater, Equestrian Program, Skiing, Jazz Ensemble, Guitar Ensemble, Photography, Art Club Chess, Robotics, Math, Debate, Journalism, Snowboarding, Yearbook, Dance Company, Theater, Skiing, Jazz Ensemble, Photography, Art Club, National Honor Society,
The Four Cornerstones of a Wasatch Academy education equip our graduates with the tools to become innovators and leaders in the 21st century.
- For starters, our Schools Attuned program ensures Wasatch Academy teachers closely observe how your child learns and then adjust their lessons and methods accordingly. All teachers are trained in the program's philosophies and strategies to help each student reach their highest potential.
- Next, our exceptional outdoor program builds character, leadership skills, and feeds our students' sense of adventure. At Wasatch Academy, your student’s outdoor experience matches the richness of their classroom work and provides a unique college preparatory education.
- Wasatch Academy’s co-ed global campus hosts students from more than 35 countries and 25 states. What better way to prepare for a "flat world" than to learn alongside such a diverse array of students and perspectives, languages and cultures.
- And finally, our tight-knit community encourages every student to have a unique voice and develop at their own pace, surrounded by classmates and adults who care about them as individuals.What happens when you combine these four cornerstones? Simply put, Wasatch Academy has, since 1875, provided a nurturing boarding school community that empowers young men and women to find their own way.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Spanish ForkGrades: 8-12 | 64 students
2172 East 7200 South
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
Spanish ForkGrades: 8-12 | 23 students
6155 S 2400 W
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
SpringvilleGrades: 3-12 | 90 students
763 N 1650 W
Springville, UT 84663
ProvoGrades: PK-K | 120 students
1165 S 180 E
Provo, UT 84606
ProvoGrades: 7-12 | 49 students
105 N 500 W
Provo, UT 84601