- Wasatch Academy offers a learning experience unlike any other. An experience created in a culture built on kindness, dignity, and respect.
- This provides an environment that encourages a student to push themselves, set their own goals, and achieve more personally and academically. Students come here eager to develop passions, discover untapped potential, and find their unique learning style.
- A school where creative thinking is encouraged and students are prepared for college as independent successful learners.
Wasatch Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Utah for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Support Program offered|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||333 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, Ap English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Mandarin, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S Government and Politics, AP U.S History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collar shirts, no jeans during academic day)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Erin Nester|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Nied|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Debate, Guitar Ensemble, International Clubs, Jazz Ensemble, Journalism, Math, National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Government, Yearbook|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Dance Company, Photography, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Equestrian Program, Skiing, Snowboarding
The Four Cornerstones of a Wasatch Academy education equip our graduates with the tools to become innovators and leaders in the 21st-century.
- For starters, our Schools Attuned program ensures Wasatch Academy teachers closely observe how your child learns and then adjust their lessons and methods accordingly. All teachers are trained in the program's philosophies and strategies to help each student reach their highest potential.
- Next, our exceptional outdoor program builds character, leadership skills, and feeds our students' sense of adventure. At Wasatch Academy, your student`s outdoor experience matches the richness of their classroom work and provides a unique college preparatory education.
- Wasatch Academy`s co-ed global campus hosts students from more than 35 countries and 25 states. What better way to prepare for a "flat world" than to learn alongside such a diverse array of students and perspectives, languages and cultures.
- And finally, our tight-knit community encourages every student to have a unique voice and develop at their own pace, surrounded by classmates and adults who care about them as individuals.What happens when you combine these four cornerstones Simply put, Wasatch Academy has, since 1875, provided a nurturing boarding school community that empowers young men and women to find their own way.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: PK-12 | 1236 students
19303 Fremont Ave. N.
Seattle, WA 98133
(206)289-7783 785.6 PK-12
- Seattle Grades: 5-12 | 652 students
19303 Fremont Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98133
(206)546-7214 785.5 5-12