Provo Canyon School-provo Campus
- Provo Canyon School specializes in treating adolescent boys and girls, ages twelve through seventeen, who have the capability for normal functioning but are not meeting expectations.
- These adolescents are manifesting emotional, behavioral and learning difficulties and have been unresponsive to out-patient counseling or previous in-patient psychiatric or substance abuse programs.
- Provo Canyon School offers a proven method of turning around the lives of young people beset by emotional and behavioral problems.
- Our caring, multidisciplinary professionals operate in a unique environment which can help make a positive difference in a troubled teenager's life.
- At Provo Canyon School we believe that children thrive on a clear understanding of what is expected of them.
- Our expectations are based upon the philosophy that youth must take responsibility for their actions or inactions.
- They must also show consideration and respect for others. This philosophy is evident in all areas of campus life; from the cleanliness and order of personal belongings to daily interactions with staff and peers.
- We also expect students to achieve their highest potential in academics while they work on the issues that resulted in placement at Provo Canyon School.
- At Provo Canyon School we are committed to providing an environment conducive to success.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ProvoGrades: PK-8 | 122 students
1598 W 820 N
Provo, UT 84601
- DraperGrades: 9-12 | 763 students
300 East 11800 South
Draper, UT 84020
- Salt Lake CityGrades: K-12 | 129 students
240 East 5600 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
- Spanish ForkGrades: 8-12 | 64 students
2172 East 7200 South
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.