Provo Canyon School-provo Campus
- Provo Canyon School specializes in treating adolescent boys and girls, ages twelve through seventeen, who have the capability for normal functioning but are not meeting expectations.
- These adolescents are manifesting emotional, behavioral and learning difficulties and have been unresponsive to out-patient counseling or previous in-patient psychiatric or substance abuse programs.
- Provo Canyon School offers a proven method of turning around the lives of young people beset by emotional and behavioral problems.
- Our caring, multidisciplinary professionals operate in a unique environment which can help make a positive difference in a troubled teenager's life.
- At Provo Canyon School we believe that children thrive on a clear understanding of what is expected of them.
- Our expectations are based upon the philosophy that youth must take responsibility for their actions or inactions.
- They must also show consideration and respect for others. This philosophy is evident in all areas of campus life; from the cleanliness and order of personal belongings to daily interactions with staff and peers.
- We also expect students to achieve their highest potential in academics while they work on the issues that resulted in placement at Provo Canyon School.
- At Provo Canyon School we are committed to providing an environment conducive to success.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Provo Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
1598 W 820 N
Provo, UT 84601
(801)356-1000 3.7 PK-8
- Layton Grades: PK-12 | 401 students
2352 E Highway 193
Layton, UT 84040
(807)771-7141 57.8 PK-12
- Mount Pleasant Grades: 8-12 | 333 students
120 S 100 W
Mount Pleasant, UT 84647
(435)462-1400 52.9 8-12
- Ogden Grades: 9-12 | 170 students
1790 Lake St
Ogden, UT 84401
(801)394-1515 65.5 9-12
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.