West Covina Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Since 1954, West Covina Christian School has provided quality education in a Christian setting for children from the San Gabriel Valley and beyond.
- West Covina Christian School offers excellent educational opportunities for its students.
- Capable teachers care deeply about their students. West Covina Christian School exists to give our students a well-rounded education which provides opportunities for them to excel academically, discover and use their creativity, develop positive relational skills, use new technologies and grow in their understanding of how spiritual truths can influence their lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||316 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Dimas Grades: PK-8 | 364 students
124 S San Dimas Canyon Rd
San Dimas, CA 91773
(909)542-0449 8.2 PK-8
- West Covina Grades: NS-8 | 355 students
1211 E Badillo St
West Covina, CA 91790
(626)732-1500 0.2 NS-8
WCCS is a small christian-based school built on a good foundation. My children have been attending school at WCCS for the last five years (we just started year six). My son started attending in the second grade and my daughter started in the pre-school program. The school has good diversification, caring teachers, a good curriculum, music program, computer lab, and well thought out field trips (especially for grades 4 - 8). The school provides reasonably priced before and after school child care and tuition is very affordable. In addition, they do not require a minimum number of parent volunteer hours, which can be difficult for some families. It is your option to participate in the various fundraisers held throughout the year. If you are looking for an affordable, christian-based education for your children, I would highly recommend you considering WCCS. There preschool program is second to none with a wonderfully dedicated and loving director. It is a great place for young minds to get their start in life!
- Posted by Parent - dodso
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.