- The West Parish Family School is an outreach program operated by West Parish of Barnstable, United Church of Christ.
- In 1976, church members and community representatives became aware of the need for a preschool in the community.
- Through the work of volunteers and devoted parents, a new wing was added to an existing building and in September 1977, we opened our doors to children and families regardless of race creed or religious beliefs.
- The West Parish Family School quickly became a revered and treasured institution in the community and continues to enjoy a wonderful reputation.
- We are proud that we serve over 60 families meeting their early childhood educational needs.
- Since 2004, we have made numerous building improvements. Our entire first floor has been renovated.
- We have a new parking lot and have added a security system to protect the children.
- Our playground is a fun place for outdoor movement and learning.
- Our school serves children from 15 months through five years old.
- We are proud of our teacher ratio and our experienced kind staff.
- We are fully licensed by the MA Department of Early Education & Care and the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Our goal is to provide an atmosphere of love and acceptance allowing children to grow through the natural stages of development. Our curriculum is ecumenical, reflecting Christian values and teachings.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Kristen Lind|
- We have very low faculty turn over because we treat teachers like part of our family. Respect for each other and our families is integrated into everything we do. We are part of the mid-Cape community and therefore we are involved in many local family events such as the Sandwich Touch-A-Truck, W. Barnstable Fire Dept.'s Spaghetti Supper and several other annual community events.
- Daily we offer healthy snacks which include real foods such as: whole grain pasta, low sodium crackers, Cheerios, hummus, fresh vegetables and fruit. We are a peanut free facility so we use sunflower butter or no sugar fruit preserves as a spread.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BarnstableGrades: NS-8 | 22 students
1200 Old Stage Rd
Barnstable, MA 02632
East SandwichGrades: K | 7 students
233 Old County Road
East Sandwich, MA 02537
Marstons MillsGrades: PK-KG | 109 students
35 Fair Acres Dr
Marstons Mills, MA 02648
East SandwichGrades: 6-12 | 96 students
551 Route 6A
East Sandwich, MA 02537
OstervilleGrades: 2-8 | 11 students
2736 Falmouth Rd
Osterville, MA 02655
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.