West Parish Family School
The West Parish Family School is an outreach program operated by West Parish of Barnstable, United Church of Christ.
In 1976, church members and community representatives became aware of the need for a preschool in the community.
Through the work of volunteers and devoted parents, a new wing was added to an existing building and in September 1977, we opened our doors to children and families regardless of race creed or religious beliefs.
The West Parish Family School quickly became a revered and treasured institution in the community and continues to enjoy a wonderful reputation.
We are proud that we serve over 60 families meeting their early childhood educational needs.
Since 2004, we have made numerous building improvements. Our entire first floor has been renovated.
We have a new parking lot and have added a security system to protect the children.
Our playground is a fun place for outdoor movement and learning.
Our school serves children from 15 months through five years old.
We are proud of our teacher ratio and our experienced kind staff.
We are fully licensed by the MA Department of Early Education & Care and the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Our goal is to provide an atmosphere of love and acceptance allowing children to grow through the natural stages of development. Our curriculum is ecumenical, reflecting Christian values and teachings.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Students: 88 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- We have very low faculty turn over because we treat teachers like part of our family. Respect for each other and our families is integrated into everything we do. We are part of the mid-Cape community and therefore we are involved in many local family events such as the Sandwich Touch-A-Truck, W. Barnstable Fire Dept.'s Spaghetti Supper and several other annual community events.
- Daily we offer healthy snacks which include real foods such as: whole grain pasta, low sodium crackers, Cheerios, hummus, fresh vegetables and fruit. We are a peanut free facility so we use sunflower butter or no sugar fruit preserves as a spread.
Endorse West Parish Family School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.