The West Parish Family School is an outreach program operated by West Parish of Barnstable, United Church of Christ.
In 1976, church members and community representatives became aware of the need for a preschool in the community.
Through the work of volunteers and devoted parents, a new wing was added to an existing building and in September 1977, we opened our doors to children and families regardless of race creed or religious beliefs.
The West Parish Family School quickly became a revered and treasured institution in the community and continues to enjoy a wonderful reputation.
We are proud that we serve over 60 families meeting their early childhood educational needs.
Since 2004, we have made numerous building improvements. Our entire first floor has been renovated.
We have a new parking lot and have added a security system to protect the children.
Our playground is a fun place for outdoor movement and learning.
Our school serves children from 15 months through five years old.
We are proud of our teacher ratio and our experienced kind staff.
We are fully licensed by the MA Department of Early Education & Care and the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Our goal is to provide an atmosphere of love and acceptance allowing children to grow through the natural stages of development. Our curriculum is ecumenical, reflecting Christian values and teachings.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Enrollment: 88 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- We have very low faculty turn over because we treat teachers like part of our family. Respect for each other and our families is integrated into everything we do. We are part of the mid-Cape community and therefore we are involved in many local family events such as the Sandwich Touch-A-Truck, W. Barnstable Fire Dept.'s Spaghetti Supper and several other annual community events.
- Daily we offer healthy snacks which include realfoods such as: whole grain pasta, low sodium crackers, Cheerios, hummus, fresh vegetables and fruit. We are a peanut free facility so we use sunflower butter or no sugar fruit preserves as a spread.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for West Parish Family School?
The application deadline for West Parish Family School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse West Parish Family School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.