West Valley Christian Academy
- West Valley Christian Academy is an independent, non-profit Christian Elementary and Pre-school, emphasizing Christian character and academic excellence, from Preschool through 6th Grade.
- Our spiritual emphasis is the practical application of Biblical principles through the teaching and memorizing of the Word of God.
- We believe that when high standards of academic excellence are combined with the teaching of basic spiritual and moral principles for daily living, as set forth in the Bible, we will produce students who are not merely knowledgeable, but will know how to think and apply the knowledge they continue to acquire throughout their lives.
- The educational approach of our school is eclectic - combining the best of traditional and creative philosophies with a strong emphasis on the mastery of basic skills.
- Social development, moral standards and emotional health are the combined products of both home and school.
- Physical Education plays an important part in growing physically and developing healthy exercise habits for a lifetime.
- Students also gain an understanding of the important concepts of teamwork, sacrifice and hard work for a worthy goal.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(modified uniforms, khakis, polo shirts,)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid in 10 monthly payments|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Choir, Computer Fun, Hand Bells, Karate, Legos, Robotics, Sign Language Art, Choir, Computer Fun, Hand Bells, Karate, Legos, Robotics, Sign Language,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Porter RanchGrades: PK-5 | 241 students
10400 Zelzah Ave
Porter Ranch, CA 91326
- Granada HillsGrades: K-12 | 576 students
17531 Rinaldi St
Granada Hills, CA 91344
- West HillsGrades: PK-8 | 340 students
22450 Sherman Way
West Hills, CA 91307
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.