5.00 (3 reviews)
- Welcome to The Wetherill School! Our warm and nurturing early childhood and kindergarten environments have been going strong for almost four decades.
- The Wetherill founders` belief in incorporating the best practices of the research and discoveries of several early childhood educators and philosophers, including Maria Montessori, into a rich, diverse, creative curriculum that educates the whole child-cognitively, socially and emotionally, and physically-has been upheld since 1976. Our state certified teachers welcome children in this first school experience and help them explore their world.
- Wetherill children learn through creative play using hands-on manipulative materials while learning to express themselves through many different media.
- Our teachers are masters of honoring children`s sense of wonder and guiding them toward self-discovery.
- Our secluded, peaceful location on a vast wooded property in Gladwyne provides many opportunities for outdoor exploration as well.
- Please explore our website to learn more about our philosophy and curriculum and contac tus to schedule a tour.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||3 Mornings (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) $6300 5 Mornings $8450 5 Mornings/2 Afternoons (Tuesday & Thursday) $10,550 5 Mornings/3 Afternoons (T, W, TH) $11,100 Full Day Kindergarten 5 AMs + 4 afternoons (Monday-Thursday) Full Day Kindergarten 5 AMs + 5 afternoons $13,250 Kindergarten Enrichment 4 afternoons (M-TH) $6,800Kindergarten Enrichment 5 afternoons (M-F) $6,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Marie Conti|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Soccer Shots, Young Sports
- Wetherill classrooms are equipped with Montessori and other didactic materials, as well as with a range of art supplies, blocks, and other materials for dramatic play and open-ended creative expression. Children also engage in real-life activities such as cooking and gardening. The curriculum is prepared in a systematic fashion that encourages each child to explore and create at his or her own level of development, gradually refining concepts and perfecting skills. We nurture the creative, social, emotional, and cognitive development of each child both indoors and out through a wide variety of hands-on experiences. Nature study with a specialist from Riverbend Environmental Education Center, small group instruction in Music and Creative Movement, Foreign Language, and special enrichment programs and field trips for Kindergarten students supplement the program. At Wetherill, we recognize that the needs of the young child are best served through close cooperation between parents and teachers. Regular conferences, open observations, use of parent expertise in the classrooms, and parent-run school events all contribute to the school`s family feeling. We also encourage active interchange among parents, staff, and professionals in the field of Early Childhood Education.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- GladwyneGrades: NS-6 | 249 students
920 Youngsford Road
Gladwyne, PA 19035
- ConshohockenGrades: 1-12 | 341 students
1200 River Road
Conshohocken, PA 19428
- NarberthGrades: NS-K | 149 students
1500 Hagys Ford Road
Narberth, PA 19072
- ConshohockenGrades: PK-6 | 148 students
2025 Harts Lane
Conshohocken, PA 19428
- WynnewoodGrades: PK-K | 79 students
24 Old Gulph Rd
Wynnewood, PA 19096
We have had a great experience at the Wetherill School with our two children. It is a small, warm, and nurturing environment. The teachers and staff are all wonderful. It is a special place for little ones..
- Posted by Parent - Lauren
Highest recommendation! Small school flexible feel with friendly teachers, parents and kids. A perfect introduction to school for my 3 kids from pre school to pre K to K. Not pretentious or over the top. Love this school!
- Posted by Parent - lwt
A hidden gem. Teachers have been there long term, they love their job and our kids. Have very exciting activiites/academics. Offer French, music, movement and visit each week by Riverbend enviornmental specialist. Work hard to bring out the best in each child. A small teacher/student ratio a big plus. Highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - anupr
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.