The Miquon School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (610) 828-1231
- Founded by parents in 1932, we are an independent elementary school for children age 3 through sixth grade.
- The Miquon School mission states: we treasure and celebrate childhood.
- We give our students time to play and grow.
- Our program and our environment encourage wonder, inquiry, independence, and discovery.
- We seek to create confident, life-long learners who will move out into the wider world with strong academic and social skills, intense personal interests, a love for the arts, and a commitment to building inclusive and peaceful communities.
- We are dedicated to learning together in the rich tradition of Progressive education that is our founders' legacy.
The Miquon School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 7 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all-inclusive. Payment options include monthly instalments.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Andrea Myers|
|Endowment Size||$1 million|
- We believe that:
- Children learn by doing.
- Helping children learn to think is as important as teaching any specific subject matter.
- Learning occurs in ways unique to each child.
- Children's curiosity and initiative are integral to their education.
- Independence is a vital part of every child's development.
- Working with others enhances children's growth in every domain.
- Every person is a thinker, creator, and contributor.
- The natural world is a place to learn.
- Childhood should be fun, and children should find joy in learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plymouth Meeting Grades: NS-6 | 96 students
2150 Butler Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
(610) 828-2288 2.5 NS-6
- Blue Bell Grades: 1-4 | 61 students
1775 Skippack Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
(610) 275-1775 7.7 1-4
- Ambler Grades: PK-2 | 200 students
1632 E Butler Pike
Ambler, PA 19002
(215) 646-2665 8.6 PK-2
- Cheltenham Grades: PK-8 | 310 students
105 Old Soldiers Rd
Cheltenham, PA 19012
(215) 379-3798 9.3 PK-8
Miquon is unique, special and provides a magical childhood experience. I can't recommend it highly enough. I went to Miquon as a child and moved my family back to the area so my child could also attend. Through hands- on learning in an incredible natural forest environment, children become thoughtful, creative, known and empowered leaders. The classroom teachers are incredible- smart and talented people who really know my child deeply. The specialists are also highly talented- and my child's experiences in art, music, library, physical education and science over the years has been amazing. Miquon is more than a school- it's a family, a community, and a place that will give your child the tools to succeed in life, and become the thoughtful citizens our world needs!
- Posted by Parent - Rachel
The Miquon School has surpassed our wildest expectations as a school for our daughter. The campus is beautiful, surrounded by lush forest with a creek running through, where the children can play every day! The staff is very caring and knowledgeable about cultivating curiosity, confidence and a love of learning. My daughter entered kindergarten with little interested or skills in reading and writing. Now, after only 3 months, comes home writing short phrases and showing off her abundance of sight words. The positive effect on her confidence and knowledge has come through full force since the first weeks at Miquon and she even teaches me new things about nature! The Miquon School is truly a model for what a progressive and nurturing learning environment should be.
- Posted by Parent - Michele Judge
Miquon is an amazing school. They excel at providing individualized instruction to all students. Their teachers are amazing and constantly responsive to the needs of their classes. Their values-based messaging on the importance of respect and compassion towards others is a comfort to me. Additionally, their campus is beautiful and is regularly integrated into class activities. I am so proud to be a part of their community and would recommend it to anyone.
- Posted by Parent - Brian
Miquon is the best school! From the small class sizes and progressive teaching philosophies to the rural wooded campus and compassionate, forward thinking community, everyone can love this school.
- Posted by Parent - Kim Ranzov Coon
After a year a kindergarten in a more traditional curriculum, our child was not only not thriving, but was saying "I hate school!" - the last thing a parent wants to hear. We decided it would be best to repeat kindergarten in a new setting that better aligned with our values and our child's needs and are so grateful to have landed at Miquon. Learning through doing, embracing curiosity, and including the importance of the natural world have given our child the space and ability to thrive, to come home tired and happy and full, humming songs they have learned along the way. Miquon is a really special place, and while you feel this in your bones when you visit the campus, our experience getting to know the staff and other families, the weekly newsletter, and the stories our child shares solidify this invaluable experience.
- Posted by Parent - Karena
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?