Wichita Collegiate School
- Wichita Collegiate School does not merely make the promise of a great education, Collegiate delivers.
- Since 1963, the Collegiate program has created great expectations, and met and exceeded the hopes and dreams of our parents and students.
- The curriculum offered is a proven program on every level from the foundation established in Early Childhood to the exciting self discoveries in Upper School.
- Students are always prepared for what comes next in their academic journey, and in the journey of life.
- For more than 50 years, Wichita Collegiate School has offered encouragement, training, and myriad opportunities for children to develop to their full potential.
- Recent additions to the WCS campus include innovation labs in the Middle School and in the Upper School. These have proven to be great places for students to practice design thinking, and to collaborate and problem solve. The Middle School iLab includes 3D scanners and printers, a green screen room, a fully equipped woodworking room, and a room equipped for composing music on computers. The Upper School iLab also includes a CNC router and a room for teaching CATIA (Computer Aided Three dimensional Interactive Applications).
- Collegiate has long emphasized a developmental approach to early childhood education.
- Individualized programs are taught by loving, nurturing teachers. In Montessori, traditional preschool, and kindergarten, Collegiate makes school a warm, wonderful place to learn and to grow.
- Children enjoy these early years at Wichita Collegiate School.
- Built into the Collegiate Early Childhood curriculum are activities which complement and extend the more formal aspects of instruction.
- Music, Physical Education, and Library are an integral part of each day.
- Field trips are a regular part of the curriculum.
- Visits to museums, zoos, and nature trails enrich the day-to-day lessons of the classrooms.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Mainly no blue jeans or T-shirts except on Spartan Spirit dress days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||WCS offers several payment plans as well as need-based tuition assistance.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Susie Steed|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Track and Field, Volleyball,