Wickenburg Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (928) 684-5916
Wickenburg Christian Academy Photo #3 - Chess Club... a little friendly competition to stretch the mind and build camaraderie! Check Mate!
Wickenburg Christian Academy Photo #4 - Annual Veterans Day Chapel: 7th & 8th Graders conduct a flag folding ceremony, explaining significance of each of the 13 folds. Students are encouraged to bring a family member, friend or neighbor to honor for their service.
- The goal of Wickenburg Christian Academy is to provide high quality academics & Christian education to students from Preschool through 12th Grade.
- By doing so, we will positively impact the world by developing disciples of Jesus Christ who will lead in their sphere of influence, according to their gifting.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1222|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(navy or Khaki bottoms, polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,500|
|Tuition Notes||K-12 Tuition ranges from $7,000 to $7,800, depending on grade level. Approximately 2/3 of students received scholarships through the AZ Private School Tax Credit program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Endowment Size||$0.10 million|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Science Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Worship Arts Team
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The goal of Wickenburg Christian Academy is to provide high quality academics & Christian education to students from Preschool through 12th Grade. By doing so, we will positively impact the world by developing disciples of Jesus Christ who will lead in their sphere of influence, according to their gifting.
- Still wondering why we do what we do? Let this year's Kinders offer a glimpse into the future with their two minute video...
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wickenburg Grades: K-12 | 10 students
515 W Wickenburg Way
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
(928) 684-5227 0.2 K-12
- Surprise Grades: K-5 | 65 students
17475 W Bell Rd
Surprise, AZ 85374
(623) 544-3498 28.5 K-5
- Surprise Grades: PK | 80 students
17525 W Bell Rd
Surprise, AZ 85374
(623) 544-4608 28.6 PK
- Surprise Grades: NS-PK
15415 W Bell Rd
Surprise, AZ 85374
(623) 975-1592 30.2 NS-PK
I'm a former teacher and presently on the board. The culture is wonderful, and the academic program is very strong. Just in the past couple of years we have sent two young men to the US Naval Academy, which says it all about the program. Importantly, if a person wants a child to go here, scholarships are available so no-one should be unable to attend due to finances.
- Posted by Teacher - Art Pulis
I have been blessed to volunteer and work in many schools, but I can honestly say that I feel right at home here at WCA. Teachers have a lot of say in what curriculum is used. The availability of sports is growing as we grow as a school. Watching the connections being made from Kindergarten through 12th grade via our Sodalis Biblica groups makes the campus feel even more like family.
- Posted by Teacher - Soccermom
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?