William & Reed Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
- William & Reed Academy has assembled the best teachers from the area's top-producing schools to provide families a small class college preparatory environment.
- William & Reed Academy has a unique and specialized approach to teaching students in a small class setting while preparing them for the college of their choice. William & Reed Academy offers students in grades 6 - 12 a concentrated school week of Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with an optional online/Flex Period component that ends daily at 2:00 p.m. This schedule maximizes academic instructional time by offering core academic classes in a shorter school day blended with online electives. The concentrated school week offers small classes in all core subjects (math, science, social studies, and language arts) and various online electives such as Sports and Entertainment Marketing, Forensic Science, Digital Photography, five different world languages, and 20 Advanced Placement courses.
William & Reed Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- SAT Score Highest average SAT score
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|Average SAT score||1320|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,250|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lindsey Kelley|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,|
- Students at William & Reed academy have teacher accessibility, a voice in the classroom, and a very high level of accountability. Further, William & Reed Academy`s philosophy supports the notion that students with balance in their lives tend to be happier, more creative, and more productive academically. Since opening, parents have consistently commented that their child is smiling more and looking forward to going to school- something many parents have not seen from their child since elementary school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atlanta Grades: PK-12 | 798 students
215 Chastain Park Ave
Atlanta, GA 30342
(404)252-8389 17.2 PK-12
- Atlanta Grades: PK-12 | 987 students
1509 S Ponce De Leon Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
(404)377-3491 21.8 PK-12
Small class sizes and engaged teachers make this a perfect alternative to the large public school and even private school factories. Hunter and team have developed a great model to bring high quality instruction and personalized attention to kids that may not get what they need in the larger schools. They are flexible and work with kids' different learning styles to enable them to be academically successful. Happy to have found this school.
- Posted by Parent - sean
We have had a great experience at William and Reed. Our daughter has had great results because of the caring teachers and small classroom size. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a superior education with a flexiable schedule.
- Posted by Parent - T. Adee
We, as parents, believe its import to be able to connect and communicate easily with our child's teachers and the school administrators in a productive way - you get that at W & R! The smaller class sizes means the teachers actually get to know the students (and families) and get to make real connections with them. The administration takes an active interest in the students, their issues, interests, and problems. Our children still need guidance in this new stage of independence and often don't want it from us, they get it here at W & R. As a parent of two children coming from a small school background, this is the perfect fit for bridging into the big world.
- Posted by Parent - Munichfam
William & Reed Academy has exceeded all of our expectations as a private school for children in grades 6-12. This school is inclusive and maintains a student body with a wide array of interests and talents. William & Reed`s approach to learning with face-to-face and online classes prepares this generation`s students for the future. The innovative scheduling and wide array of class keeps students engaged and challenged. The school is fully accredited and the staff`s credentials are impeccable. This up and coming private school recognizes that each student is an individual and treats them as such. The kind and personable atmosphere is beyond welcoming. As progressive as this school is, they have also incorporated the traditional basics with honors and AP classes, athletics, foreign language, student counsel, a yearbook committee and much, much more. The convenient location and transportation options make this school a must see for those who need to consider after school logistics. The staff routinely queries parents and students for their input and arranges unique and exciting field trips and off campus learning activities. A big thank you to Hunter Reed Cluthe, Head of School, for his educational passion, kind heart and for making education what it should be!
- Posted by Parent - E. LaPlante
I highly recommend this school! Excellent teachers, small class size, individual attention...love it! My son cam here after two years at a highly rated public school. He hated school, was depressed and unmotivated. After this year, I see his self-confidence coming back. He is interested in what he is learning and is respected by his instructors. He doesn't want to miss a day of school because he knows he'll be missing something (and now he cares!) Worth every penny.
- Posted by Parent - Bpota
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.