5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (973) 579-3758
- Willowglen Academy is a residential treatment center with two approved private schools for the disabled.Premiere comphrehensive educational services are provided to residential and day students at two Sussex County sites.
- Our Newton Campus in Andover Township provides services to students with emotional and behavioral disorders while our Sparta Campus services students with multiple disabilities and individuals identified on the autism spectrum.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||37 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Willowglen Academy New Jersey Inc. is dedicated to enhancing the lives of the individuals entrusted to our care by offering them the opportunity to live, grow, learn and participate in society to the fullest extent possible.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Califon Grades: 7-12 | 70 students
37 Hoffmans Crossing Rd
Califon, NJ 07830
(908) 832-7200 27.6 7-12
- Cedar Knolls Grades: PK-12 | 53 students
125 Ridgedale Ave
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
(973) 267-8060 20.9 PK-12
- Morristown Grades: 6-12
182 South Street, Suite 4
Morristown, NJ 07960
(973) 267-0474 21.8 6-12
- Mountain Lakes Grades: 2-12
10 Tower Hill Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
(973) 334-1295 17.4 2-12
- Somerset Grades: 2-12 | 83 students
2 Riverview Drive
Somerset, NJ 08873
(908) 253-3870 41.3 2-12
I love the Jean Manfra School! It's like a family environment and the teachers are well trained in autism and other disabilities and really care about their students. I'm so happy I finally found the right place for my child! They do many fun and educational activities with the students too.
- Posted by Parent - Mom
The staff at Jean M. Manfra School are the most loving, caring and patient people I have ever met my entire life. I had such a hard time and went through 4 different schools with my son before finally deciding on "the little school out in the middle of nowhere." They treat you like you are family and really catered my son's school day based around his daily needs. If I had to do it all over again I would choose to send him there first.
- Posted by Parent - makem
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.