Wimpfheimer Nursery School
Tel: (845) 437-5630
- The basic components of quality early childhood education are the cornerstones of Wimpfheimer Nursery School: a child-centered environment; a developmentally appropriate curriculum; low adult/child ratios; and an educated, experienced teaching staff.
- Architecturally designed as a nursery school, the physical structure and furnishings support child-centered exploration and learning.
- Self-help skills and independence are fostered as children work/play in an environment built to fit their needs.
- Success in their environment in turn promotes positive self-esteem. The Wimpfheimer Nursery School is also part of the wider Vassar community.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Poughkeepsie Grades: PK-12 | 174 students
260 Boardman Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
(845) 462-7600 2.8 PK-12
- Butler Grades: PK-K | 23 students
230 E Jefferson St
Butler, PA 16001
(724) 283-1846 316.3 PK-K
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?