Butler Montessori School
- The Butler Montessori School: An opportunity for a child to utilize the skills he or she already possesses, in an environment that encourages learning in their own special way.
- Butler Montessori was founded in 1974 by Sister Mary Giuseppe, R.S.M. of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Sister Giuseppe was the driving force behind the success of the school until 2001.
- At that time, the new director, Mrs. Paula Mack, continued the tradition.
- Presently, Butler Montessori enrolls over 45 students each year. Every parent who has ever enrolled a child in the Butler Montessori School program, and any student who has attended, can attest to its value and endurance in the future education of each student.
- The school is state certified by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Academic Schools, and is a nonprofit organization.
- Butler Montessori is a lifetime member of the National Center for Montessori Education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Butler Grades: PK-8 | 132 students
211 Saint Wendelin Rd
Butler, PA 16002
(724)285-4986 3.2 PK-8
- Fredericktown Grades: PK-12 | 111 students
205 Newtown Avenue
Fredericktown, PA 15333
(724)785-2777 60.1 PK-12
- Waynesburg Grades: PK-12 | 77 students
793 Lippencott Road
Waynesburg, PA 15370
(724)852-1871 64.8 PK-12
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.