Butler Montessori School
- The Butler Montessori School: An opportunity for a child to utilize the skills he or she already possesses, in an environment that encourages learning in their own special way.
- Butler Montessori was founded in 1974 by Sister Mary Giuseppe, R.S.M. of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Sister Giuseppe was the driving force behind the success of the school until 2001.
- At that time, the new director, Mrs. Paula Mack, continued the tradition.
- Presently, Butler Montessori enrolls over 45 students each year. Every parent who has ever enrolled a child in the Butler Montessori School program, and any student who has attended, can attest to its value and endurance in the future education of each student.
- The school is state certified by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Academic Schools, and is a nonprofit organization.
- Butler Montessori is a lifetime member of the National Center for Montessori Education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Butler Grades: NS-8 | 121 students
211 Saint Wendelin Rd
Butler, PA 16002
(724)285-4986 3.2 NS-8
- Fredericktown Grades: PK-12 | 107 students
205 Newtown Avenue
Fredericktown, PA 15333
(724)377-2523 60.1 PK-12
- Waynesburg Grades: PK-12 | 73 students
793 Lippencott Road
Waynesburg, PA 15370
(724)852-1871 64.8 PK-12
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.