Wm Bedell Achievemnt/resource Center
Tel: (618) 251-2175
- The William M. BeDell Achievement and Resource Center provides an educational/therapeutic program for children, focusing on the physical and mental development of the child, from 15 months to three years.
- Children served are developmentally delayed or at risk for delay.
- Referrals are received from physicians, hospitals, local school districts, and parents.
- Anyone may refer a child for assessment by an inter-disciplinary team.
- Individual family plans are developed by a Child Development Specialist, parent, speech/language pathologist, physical therapist, nurse, and social worker, based on the complete assessment of the child and family needs.
- The center-based Parent-Infant Education Program, licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services enables certified staff to interact with the children in a purposeful, healthful, and appropriate manner.
- Student programs are based on the following areas of training: communication skills, cognitive skills, motor skills, social skills, and self-help skills.
- Referrals to other community services for any additional child/family need are coordinated through the Parent-Infant Education Program; including transition planning from early intervention services into local education programs at age three.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Alton Grades: NS-PK | 75 students
163 North Shamrock Avenue
East Alton, IL 62024
(618) 258-7444 1.6 NS-PK
- South Roxana Grades: NS-12 | 105 students
South Roxana, IL 62087
(618) 254-0188 2.6 NS-12
- Alton Grades: 7-9 | 82 students
1015 Milton Rd
Alton, IL 62002
(618) 465-9719 2.9 7-9
- Alton Grades: PK-12 | 75 students
2009 Seminary Street
Alton, IL 62002
(618) 462-1071 4.1 PK-12
- Bethalto Grades: NS-8 | 238 students
625 Church Dr
Bethalto, IL 62010
(618) 377-5507 4.5 NS-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.