Wooded Acres Child Care LLC
Tel: (781) 585-0041
- Wooded Acres Child Care is a secure, happy, enriching and warm environment for your child near your place of work or your home.
- The center responds to today's growing need for quality childcare facilities for children of professional parents.
- A component of these centers is parent interaction, which encourages parents to drop in anytime and to take part in classroom activities and special events.
- Wooded Acres Child Care covers 4,000 square feet providing room for 65 children ages 4 weeks to 6 years.
- Children are divided into 5 spacious classrooms created to fit the needs of the children's age and developmental level.
- Wooded Acres Child Care welcomes you to visit to see the beautiful space that has been created for children.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition based on age and hours.|
- Infants Our Infant Suite comes equipped with a fully functioning kitchen, bathroom and laundry facilities, a sleep area, place space and an area for eating and messy play. We enrich this beautiful infant environment with soft toys, colorful books and music. While you will love our physical space, you will really be impressed with the warm and responsive care that will be provided and is crucial for your infant's healthy development. Your baby will be held and nurtured by loving caregivers. Caregivers talk to the babies, play games like peek-a-boo and sing to them. At the end of the day we give you a complete record of your baby's care, including sleeping, eating and diapering. We believe this is a wonderful communication tool between home and school, something for you to take home and share with other family members. The daily schedule allows time for the caregiver to interact on a one to one basis with each infant. Developmental screening will take place every 3 months while your child is in this group. Toddler 1 Room This group is for emerging walkers and young toddlers who are developing rapidly and dramatically in all areas. These children are going through many transitions both at school and in the home. From sleeping in a crib to a toddler bed, possibly coming off binkies and bottles, to eating solid foods and self-feeding, they are going through many changes. In addition,they are beginning to think through their actions, solve problems and understand language. They thrive on new experiences, so we provide them with a safe, nurturing environment that allows each child to develop naturally, individually and happily. Daily progress reports give you information on care routines like eating, napping and diapering. The children in this group are very similar in their developmental levels. You won't find the wide age range that are in most toddler groups. The age in this room is from 1ish to 2ish. Graduation into the next group is based on developmental successes and not on age. Toddler 2 This pre-school prep room offers children ages 2ish to 3ish the opportunity for more advanced learning. They will be exposed to early literacy, colors, numbers and self-help development. Introduction to the use of scissors and toilet learning will begin here. These older toddlers want to explore and discover the world around them. We spark their sense of discovery by providing a colorful, enriching environment that offers a wide variety of educational toys and materials. Plenty of fun, self-directed activities give them the independence they are so eager to enjoy and helps them prepare to cross the bridge to Preschool. Since these children are learning words so quickly and beginning to express thoughts, we use activities like reading books aloud, nursery rhymes and songs to expand their language skills. Preschool The curriculum in this group focuses on the Preschool Guidelines as outlined by the Dept. of Education for ages 3-5. Many areas of cognitive and emotional growth are enhanced through this program. This curriculm eases transition into pre-k and elementary school since similar standards are adapted in the early grades and onward. A beautiful 900 sq ft round room sets the stage for active and participatory play throughout the day. Includes Spanish Fun during the school year and Interactive Music groups led Matt Mello! Kindergarten Readiness Program If this is your child's last year before Kindergarten, then this is the program for you! Designed to prepare your child for attendance in Kindergarten the following year at Kingston Elementary School (KES), your child will learn and develop valuable skills needed for a classroom setting. From social skills such as sharing, taking turns, waiting in lines to cognitive skills such as sorting, graphing, evaluating, your child will get an invaluable experience that will ease the transition to Kindergarten. Operating out of a beautiful 900 sq ft round room, the group runs T-F 8:30-2:30 (same as KES!) with extended hours available if needed. Monday is planning day for the groups teacher, Ms. Sarah. Since planning curriculum and activities is such a vital part of a good, quality classroom, you can be assured your child is getting just that! Child care is available on Monday's if needed. Preference is given to Kingston residents so that lifelong friendships can begin in the early childhood years, again, easing that transition to elementary school. Enrollment for families in surrounding towns is based on availability. E-mail us for more info and a rate sheet.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kingston Grades: NS-12 | 110 students
251 Bishops Highway
Kingston, MA 02364
(781) 585-2290 2.7 NS-12
- Kingston Grades: NS-12 | 755 students
329 Bishops Hwy
Kingston, MA 02364
(781) 585-2114 2.7 NS-12
- Kingston Grades: PK-12 | 640 students
399 Bishops Highway
Kingston, MA 02364
(781) 585-7511 2.9 PK-12
- Duxbury Grades: PK-K | 18 students
221 Summer St
Duxbury, MA 02332
(781) 585-8222 3.2 PK-K
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.