Cardinal Cushing Centers
- Since 1947, Cardinal Cushing Centers has been a place where children and adults with disabilities have found possibilities, opportunities, and hope: the possibility to achieve greater levels of success in all areas of life; the opportunity to learn in nurturing, innovative and individualized programs; and, the hope that each tomorrow will bring personal fulfillment, new experiences, and shared happiness.
- Cardinal Cushing Centers serves a diverse population of students and adults.
- Almost all of our students and adults have some developmental or intellectual delays covering the full spectrum of functioning levels.
- Many of our students also have secondary conditions including behavioral, emotional, and mental health concerns.
- Located on two beautiful and bustling New England campuses, spread over more than 200 tree lined acres and neighboring communities, Cardinal Cushing Centers offers individuals something truly unique.
- Students are offered a continuum of learning experiences including educational, prevocational, vocational, day and residential programs adapted to meet the needs of each student.
- Both day and residential programs provide a full complement of supportive services including educational and vocational assessments, physical, speech, and occupational therapies, adaptive physical education, art and music therapies, and recreation.
- In additional to community employment opportunities, our on-site vocational programs include, The Sister's Inn, Bass Village Café, Consignment Shop, Bottle Redemption Center, Culinary Arts, and our newest boutique, The Cushing Trader.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Markowitz|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing,
Swimming, Track and Field,
- People that viewed Cardinal Cushing Centers also viewed these schools: May Center School for Brain Injury and Related Disorders, The Gifford School, Granite Academy, James F Farr Academy and Boston College Campus School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BrocktonGrades: K-12 | 48 students
596 Summer St
Brockton, MA 02302
- WestonGrades: 3-12 | 91 students
177 Boston Post Rd
Weston, MA 02493
- BraintreeGrades: 5-12 | 50 students
6 Columbian St
Braintree, MA 02184
- CambridgeGrades: 8-12 | 28 students
71 Pearl St
Cambridge, MA 02139
- Chestnut HillGrades: 1-12 | 26 students
Campion Hall Rm. 197
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.