Cardinal Cushing Centers
Tel: (781) 826-6371
- Since 1947, Cardinal Cushing Centers has been a place where children and adults with disabilities have found possibilities, opportunities, and hope: the possibility to achieve greater levels of success in all areas of life; the opportunity to learn in nurturing, innovative and individualized programs; and, the hope that each tomorrow will bring personal fulfillment, new experiences, and shared happiness.
- Cardinal Cushing Centers serves a diverse population of students and adults.
- Almost all of our students and adults have some developmental or intellectual delays covering the full spectrum of functioning levels.
- Many of our students also have secondary conditions including behavioral, emotional, and mental health concerns.
- Located on two beautiful and bustling New England campuses, spread over more than 200 tree lined acres and neighboring communities, Cardinal Cushing Centers offers individuals something truly unique.
- Students are offered a continuum of learning experiences including educational, prevocational, vocational, day and residential programs adapted to meet the needs of each student.
- Both day and residential programs provide a full complement of supportive services including educational and vocational assessments, physical, speech, and occupational therapies, adaptive physical education, art and music therapies, and recreation.
- In additional to community employment opportunities, our on-site vocational programs include, The Sister's Inn, Bass Village Café, Consignment Shop, Bottle Redemption Center, Culinary Arts, and our newest boutique, The Cushing Trader.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Markowitz|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing,
Swimming, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Randolph Grades: 1-12 | 140 students
800 N Main St
Randolph, MA 02368
(781) 961-0800 12.8 1-12
- Braintree Grades: 6-12 | 45 students
6 Columbian St
Braintree, MA 02184
(781) 380-3945 9.2 6-12
- Cambridge Grades: 8-12 | 29 students
71 Pearl St
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 492-4922 22.3 8-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.