James F Farr Academy
- Farr Academy is a therapeutic day school serving students in grades 7 through 12 with a range of emotional and learning problems.
- We provide an array of services that meet the individual strengths and weaknesses of each student.
- Skilled teacher/counselors, small structured classes, group and individualized curriculum aligned to the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks, one-to-one tutoring as needed, and college preparatory courses provide a comprehensive approach to meet the diverse needs presented by students.
- In addition, we offer multi-faceted physical and outdoor education, woodworking, studio art and an intensive school-to-career program.
- Counseling and non-judgmental, non-punitive problem solving meetings are used to teach decision making as well as problem solving skills, through reflection and discussion.
- Additionally, the teaching of techniques and strategies to effectively manage anxiety, stress, frustration and anger are threaded throughout the program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed James F Farr Academy also viewed these schools: May Center School for Brain Injury and Related Disorders, May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities, Boston College Campus School, Dearborn Academy and Granite Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrocktonGrades: K-12 | 48 students
596 Summer St
Brockton, MA 02302
41 Pacella Park Drive
Randolph, MA 02368
Chestnut HillGrades: 1-12 | 26 students
Campion Hall Rm. 197
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
ArlingtonGrades: 1-12 | 148 students
34 Winter St
Arlington, MA 02474
BraintreeGrades: 5-12 | 50 students
6 Columbian St
Braintree, MA 02184
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?