James F Farr Academy
Tel: (617) 492-4922
- Farr Academy is a therapeutic day school serving students in grades 7 through 12 with a range of emotional and learning problems.
- We provide an array of services that meet the individual strengths and weaknesses of each student.
- Skilled teacher/counselors, small structured classes, group and individualized curriculum aligned to the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks, one-to-one tutoring as needed, and college preparatory courses provide a comprehensive approach to meet the diverse needs presented by students.
- In addition, we offer multi-faceted physical and outdoor education, woodworking, studio art and an intensive school-to-career program.
- Counseling and non-judgmental, non-punitive problem solving meetings are used to teach decision making as well as problem solving skills, through reflection and discussion.
- Additionally, the teaching of techniques and strategies to effectively manage anxiety, stress, frustration and anger are threaded throughout the program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newton Grades: 4-12 | 95 students
575 WASHINGTON STREET
Newton, MA 02458
(781) 641-5992 4.8 4-12
- Randolph Grades: 1-12 | 140 students
800 N Main St
Randolph, MA 02368
(781) 961-0800 12.6 1-12
- Braintree Grades: 6-12 | 45 students
6 Columbian St
Braintree, MA 02184
(781) 380-3945 14 6-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.