Bay Farm Montessori Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Our students arrive happy! Its hard not to smile when you are greeted by teachers who know you and are excited to see you.
Theater is an important part of our program. Our student learn how to perform on stage from an early age. Even the most reserved children learn how to communicate effectively through this program. We also have a load of fun as a school watching and putting on productions.
Students engage through meaningful learning experiences and collaboration. An interactive read-aloud is a great opportunity for children to develop their expressive and receptive language.
- Bay Farm Montessori Academy is an independent, co-educational, day school in Duxbury, Massachusetts serving children ages twelve months to fourteen years (grade 8).
- Currently enrolling students from nearly 20 towns, Bay Farm provides programs grounded in the philosophy of Maria Montessori and enriched by a strong arts focus. By nurturing the development of the whole child's readiness, interests, and learning style, the faculty at Bay Farm fosters each child's positive self-image, problem-solving skills and ability to make choices in an academically challenging environment.
- Bay Farm Montessori Academy offers students before- and after-school care and a variety of extracurricular programs.
- We work together to cultivate a vibrant Montessori learning community where children are inspired to grow with joy, purpose and compassion.
- Through the wonder of direct exploration, the satisfaction of engaged learning, and the integration of visual and performing arts, Bay Farm Montessori Academy students develop the skills and sense of responsibility to be confident learners, eager to understand themselves and their world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Our Right-Fit Tuition program supports families in choosing the right school for their children|
|Admissions Director||Britta Moran|
|Admissions Associate||Kyra Mercer|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Sailing, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate FrisbeeBallet, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Kids Care Club Community Service|
- Welcome to Bay Farm Montessori Academy. We are glad you are here to see the beauty, deep learning, and genuine teaching that takes place on our campus daily. The first thing you might notice when visiting Bay Farm Montessori Academy is that our campus does not look like an institution. Our four school buildings form a tranquil village. Our commitment to community at Bay Farm creates an intentional school environment where students encourage each other in academic classes and in the arts. Having support from their teachers and peers allows Bay Farm students to challenge themselves and try new things that they might not have had the confidence to do in other settings. Our school is a tranquil retreat that respects students as individuals who are capable of great achievement. The arts, including drama, music, and fine arts, are deeply integrated with the academic curriculum, supporting the growth and development of the whole child from inquisitive toddler to empowered and well-adjusted young adult. Come and see for yourself one of the many wonderful theatrical productions at our unique school to witness this magic up close. Bay Farm is an exceptional school attracting students ages 12 months to 8th grade from more than a dozen towns around the South Shore. With highly trained teachers in Montessori educational philosophy and practice, our faculty know exactly how to support each student`s individual learning path. Our graduates are prepared for the academic, social, and personal challenges of high school and beyond. All of us at Bay Farm welcome your family to our learning community, Conrad Wildsmith Head of School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scituate Grades: PK-8 | 318 students
46 Watch Hill Drive
Scituate, MA 02066
(781)545-5544 11.8 PK-8
- Braintree Grades: PK-5 | 108 students
25 Brow Ave
Braintree, MA 02184
(781)356-7877 20.4 PK-5
- Milton Grades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617)898-1798 24.9 K-12
- Hingham Grades: UG | 92 students
247 Gardner St
Hingham, MA 02043
(781)749-3698 15.2 UG
- Hingham Grades: PK-8 | 335 students
56 Burditt Ave
Hingham, MA 02043
(781)749-0746 18.9 PK-8
My children have grown to be kind, compassionate and thoughtful teenagers (yes, its true) who always challenge themselves academically and in life. Bay farm Montessori has taught them to love the process of learning while being mindful of the world around them. They learned to problem solve, manage their own time and embrace a peaceful approach to life. Its an inspiring place with a dedicated staff and beautiful mission all wrapped in a rigorous curriculum. The world could use more Bay Farm kids!
- Posted by Parent - BBM
Peaceful and beautiful campus, independent and thoughtful students who are able to solve problems with creativity and intelligence. Compassionate and seasoned staff who truly make you feel like family on campus.
- Posted by Parent - Kristen
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.