Bay Farm Montessori Academy
5.00 (7 reviews)
Bay Farm Montessori Academy Photo #2 - Students engage through meaningful learning experiences and collaboration. An interactive read-aloud is a great opportunity for children to develop their expressive and receptive language.
Bay Farm Montessori Academy Photo #3 - Our students learn to value their outside time. We go out virtually every day to breathe, exercise, and play.
- Bay Farm Montessori Academy is an independent, co-educational, day school in Duxbury, Massachusetts serving children ages twelve months to fourteen years (grade 8).
- Currently enrolling students from over 20 towns across the South Shore, Bay Farm provides programs grounded in the philosophy of Maria Montessori. By nurturing the development of the whole child's readiness, interests, and learning style, the faculty at Bay Farm fosters each child's positive self-image, problem-solving skills and ability to make choices in an academically challenging environment.
- Bay Farm Montessori Academy offers students before- and after-school care and a variety of extracurricular programs.
- We work together to cultivate a vibrant Montessori learning community where children are inspired to grow with joy, purpose, and compassion.
- Through the wonder of direct exploration, the satisfaction of engaged learning, and the integration of visual and performing arts, Bay Farm Montessori Academy students develop the skills and sense of responsibility to be confident learners, eager to understand themselves and their world.
Bay Farm Montessori Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Bay Farm offers a Right-Fit Tuition program that supports families in choosing the right school for their children.|
|Admissions Director||Britta Moran|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Badminton, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Football, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate FrisbeeArchery, Badminton,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
Indoor Soccer, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Kids Care Club Community Service|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Mystery Solvers Club, Robotics Club, Student Council, Ukulele Club
- Welcome to Bay Farm Montessori Academy. We are glad you are here to see the beauty, deep learning, and genuine teaching that takes place on our campus daily. The first thing you might notice when visiting Bay Farm Montessori Academy is that our campus does not look like an institution. Our four school buildings form a tranquil village. Our commitment to community at Bay Farm creates an intentional school environment where students encourage each other in academic classes and in the arts. Having support from their teachers and peers allows Bay Farm students to challenge themselves and try new things that they might not have had the confidence to do in other settings. Our school is a tranquil retreat that respects students as individuals who are capable of great achievement. The arts, including drama, music, and fine arts, are deeply integrated with the academic curriculum, supporting the growth and development of the whole child from inquisitive toddler to empowered and well-adjusted young adult. Come and see for yourself one of the many wonderful theatrical productions at our unique school to witness this magic up close. Bay Farm is an exceptional school attracting students ages 12 months to 8th grade from more than a dozen towns around the South Shore. With highly trained teachers in Montessori educational philosophy and practice, our faculty know exactly how to support each student`s individual learning path. Our graduates are prepared for the academic, social, and personal challenges of high school and beyond. All of us at Bay Farm welcome your family to our learning community, Conrad Wildsmith Head of School
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scituate Grades: PK-8 | 318 students
46 Watch Hill Drive
Scituate, MA 02066
(781)545-5544 11.8 PK-8
- Braintree Grades: PK-5 | 108 students
25 Brow Ave
Braintree, MA 02184
(781)356-7877 20.4 PK-5
- Hingham Grades: PK-8 | 335 students
56 Burditt Ave
Hingham, MA 02043
(781)749-0746 18.9 PK-8
- Hingham Grades: Inquire with school | 92 students
247 Gardner St
Hingham, MA 02043
(781)749-3698 15.2 Inquire with school
We first encountered Bay Farm at a tour and quickly fell in love with the large campus, beautiful facilities and welcoming teachers and families. We enrolled our son in Pre-K last September and have been thrilled with the experience. Every day we see new skills on display when he comes home from school. We see clearly the work that Bay Farm does on a daily basis helping to foster a well-rounded child with the skills necessary to meet the world with curiosity, bravery, and integrity. We love this school and couldn't recommend it more highly!!
- Posted by Parent - CS
My two children have been attending Bay Farm for over 7 years and we have been thrilled with the quality of education, Montessori pedagogy, and the Campus. The music, art, and drama programs are seamlessly woven into the curriculum and the children receive instruction at their own levels and capabilities. My children adore school. They feel known and loved and joyful about learning. The Head of School, through his vision and thoughtful leadership, has a direct influence on every staff member and child. We are excited to continue to support the mission of the school: joy, purpose, and compassion.
- Posted by Parent - BWG
We have loved having our children in a Montessori school with such a strong focus on arts-based education! A school is a wonderful place for children of all ages and its rigorous academics are matched by its compassionate leaders and staff. Our children love attending school and are embraced for the individuals that they are, challenged at their own levels, and encouraged to become leaders in their community. We have seen tremendous growth in their confidence and abilities. The music, arts, and drama program are unmatched and even the smallest children have opportunities to sing, dance, play music, and be on stage. We are very happy with the possibilities that are present, and that will exist in the future, for this school!
- Posted by Parent - BW
We moved to Massachusetts from New York City and our daughter started Bay Farm mid-year in the Children`s House. It was a big transition for her and we were nervous how she would respond. That worry quickly faded as she was welcomed with open arms from the moment we toured the 9 acre campus. The teachers, staff and head of school go above and beyond in every regard. We are completely thrilled with this program and have watched our daughter grow in remarkable ways since she began attending and we utilize the aftercare program and enrichments such as ballet, gardening and theater. The Bay Farm staff are all so kind, caring and thoughtful and my daughter often says how she misses her classmates and teachers when she isn`t there. I especially enjoy the focus on performing arts and the multicultural lessons. My daughter is now in Kindergarten and comes home proud of the many interesting projects she has created. I know she is safe, happy and being challenged every day. I also love how as parents we are asked to volunteer and be involved. We have been able to get to know each student in her class and they love to say hello to us by name. I highly recommend Bay Farm to any parent looking for a place their children can learn and grow both in and out of the classroom.
- Posted by Parent - DT
We have been blessed to find such a compassionate and peaceful environment where our kids can be challenged and engaged while learning how to be good humans. The teachers are wonderful, the parent community are caring, the campus activities are varied and interesting and the Head of School is engaged and responsive, actively works to make sure all students are learning with joy, purpose and compassion, and has an open door policy that allows for parents to come in at any time and discuss triumphs and trials with him. We have been very happy with the direction that the new Head of School is moving Bay Farm.
- Posted by Parent - JH
My children have grown to be kind, compassionate and thoughtful teenagers (yes, its true) who always challenge themselves academically and in life. Bay farm Montessori has taught them to love the process of learning while being mindful of the world around them. They learned to problem solve, manage their own time and embrace a peaceful approach to life. Its an inspiring place with a dedicated staff and beautiful mission all wrapped in a rigorous curriculum. The world could use more Bay Farm kids!
- Posted by Parent - BBM
Peaceful and beautiful campus, independent and thoughtful students who are able to solve problems with creativity and intelligence. Compassionate and seasoned staff who truly make you feel like family on campus.
- Posted by Parent - Kristen
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.