Woodlands Montessori School North
Tel: (772) 340-1160
- Montessori education is a system for the education of children from birth through age 18.
- It is based upon principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori throughout her life.
- The focus of this system is the development of materials, educational techniques, and observations which support the natural development of children.
- The teacher in a Montessori classroom serves less as an instructor and more as a guide and facilitator.
- Children are encouraged to learn how to learn, thus gaining independence and self-confidence.
- Because the method is based upon developmentally appropriate activities, the child often learns through the process of education ¨C by doing.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Saint Lucie Grades: PK-12 | 134 students
590 Nw Peacock Blvd # 4
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986
(772) 905-8096 2 PK-12
- Port Saint Lucie Grades: K-12 | 489 students
2180 SE Morningside Blvd
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952
(772) 335-3231 5.8 K-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.