Woodpark Montessori's Burnsville campus is located at 1080 146th Street in East Burnsville, just behind Caribou Coffee at the intersection of County Road 42 and County Road 11.
Woodpark Montessori in Burnsville offers a true Montessori experience for children with passionate teachers who strive to make each day a special one. Our campus offers inspiring classrooms with traditional Montessori materials and safe outdoor play and learning areas where children can enjoy fresh air, greenery, and healthful exercise.
Our mission is to provide our children and families with a loving home away from home by intertwining a compassionate, nurturing environment with a challenging curriculum that meets the needs of the whole child, thus creating a school community.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 103 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
$11,520 - $17,880 (Half day options available)
Programs Dedicated to Specific Milestone Development
- Our programoffers unique discoverybased experiencesfor our students through hands on work at their own pace in an environment that is conductive to learning. We employ theMontessoriMethod by having our students work independently to come to their conclusions with our Montessori work. We also have Spanish, Music, Sign Language, Phy Ed, Dance and Piano teachers that work with the children weekly. During the summer two of the Apple Valley High School Varsity Women's Hockey players teach our students hockey.
- We have a unique space at our Burnsville location with a 2,000 square foot large muscle room that can be utilized for physical activity any time of the year, and a room for exploratory dramatic play with houses built into the walls. We also plan many different field trips throughout the school year. We have highly skilled, long standing teachers who love their jobs. Our director has been with us for 20 years, and four of our other lead teachers will be celebrating their 20th anniversaries at Woodpark in the next couple years. Our teachers continue to plan and implement exciting learning activities every single day!
- With unconditional positive regards in a loving and caring environment, and while in the hands of skilled professionals, we look forward to assisting your child to bring out the best in him. Our child care program encourages suggestions and dialogue and we will be happy to have your feedback in order to improve to function at an optimum level.
- Boosting your child's brainpowerstarts early atWoodpark Montessori & Child Care. Our infant program is geared towards children ages 6 weeks through 16 months.The program is separated into two rooms for our younger and older students. We have a caring and devoted staff who creates a comforting environment for our infants.
- AtWoodpark, when children are developmentally ready, they move on to our Transition Room! In the transition room they are introduced to many new exciting skills alongside beginningMontessoriEducation.
- AtWoodpark, we begin more a structured learning in the Toddler room. Weincorporate exciting play opportunitiesfor our toddlers alongside beginning Montessori education. Our toddler teachers are caring and love to have fun!
- AtWoodpark,we teach our preschoolers about the world around themthrough handson participation at their own pace! We believe that preschoolers should be given time to experience education and understand concepts in a way that makes sense to them.
- Infant: 1:4
- Toddler: 1:7
- Primary: 1:10
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Woodpark Montessori - Burnsville often compared to?
Woodpark Montessori - Burnsvilleis often viewed alongside schools like Sunrise International Montessori School by visitors of our site.
When is the application deadline for Woodpark Montessori - Burnsville?
The application deadline for Woodpark Montessori - Burnsville is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Both of my children attended Woodpark Montessori. They were shy,quiet children. The staff was patient and kind and they soon gained confidence. They learned to write and read, do math problems, and locate many different countries. They learned to get along with others and to always do their best. My son is now in 6th grade and has straight A's. My daughter is in 2nd grade and is already reading above the required level. They are open minded and respect differences. The staff at Woodpark is amazing and truly care about children, their well-being, and their education.
Endorse Woodpark Montessori - Burnsville. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.