Woodside International School
5.00 (1 review)
- Woodside International School is a WASC-accredited, independent, college-preparatory and co-educational private high school.
- Our student body consists of both American and International students learning together. We foster a collaborative community spirit, and we have been cultivating a compassionate global community one student at a time for over 40 years.
- We are located in the Sunset District of San Francisco one block from Golden Gate Park.
- This gives our students access to all the diverse academic, cultural, recreational and community benefits of our wonderful city and is within easy commute distance from all over the Bay Area.
- Our mission is to engage and support all of our students in becoming socially responsible critical thinkers and lifelong learners in order to prepare them for life beyond high school in the modern world.
- Any interested students should contact the school to arrange a Student Shadow Day, where they can sit in on classes, meet students and teachers, and discover what being a Woodside student is all about.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Art, Advanced Philosophy III/IV, Arts Portfolio Preparation, Honors Calculus, Honors Chemistry, Honors English Language & Literature IV, Honors Physics|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,000|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based financial aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$20,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Andrea Feeney|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Admissions Ambassadors, Committee on Student Activities, Community Service Field Trips, Monthly Enrichment Field Trips, Social Justice Club, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Adventures P.E., BASSAL Sports (Bay Area Small Schools Athletic League), Spring Sports Day at Golden Gate Park, Winter Games Day
- Values: We believe that every child can be academically successful and realize his or her potential in the nurturing environment of a school that truly cares about each student. We facilitate the development of self-reliant, confident and kind individuals, and our rigorous academic approach helps to develop critical thinking skills and a broad and inclusive view of the world. Our students are global citizens, and tolerance, diversity and mutual respect are at the forefront of Woodside`s program. We believe it is essential to create a learning environment of self-expression, individualism and understanding among our future leaders.
- Program: Our students understand from the first day of school that learning is a lifelong pursuit. The value of higher education is emphasized in consistent collaboration among our students and faculty. Our College Counselor begins working with students in the 9th grade to develop a college entrance and success plan. Problem solving strategies, analytical and critical thinking, and organizational and study skills are at the core of our program. Students are also advised and encouraged to communicate opinions effectively and creatively. We recognize that students express themselves in a variety of ways, and our broad, collaborative and rigorous curriculum has been developed to value achievement in all areas.
- International Students: International students spend extensive time with ESL teachers in order to develop their understanding of language and to improve both written and oral communication in English. International students participate in math, science, and art classes with American students in order to encourage and facilitate cultural exchange among the entire student body.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 280 students
2901 California St
San Francisco, CA 94115
- San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
1563 Page St
San Francisco, CA 94117
- San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 445 students
755 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
- San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 152 students
470 West Portal Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94127
- San FranciscoGrades: NS-12 | 1096 students
150 Oak Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Woodside gives an incredible opportunity for an international student to adapt to the American system of education. The school has a perfect balance of necessary and reasonable academic load that is essential in entering a good university. For me one of the most important things about Woodside is a friendly environment and a very attentive and concerned attitude towards the success and the individual growth of my daughter. I really appreciate a very prompt reaction towards any type of problems. My daughter has been studying in Woodside since her Freshman year (2010). By the end of her Junior year, she took the TOEFL exam and passed it obtaining 83 points. Being an international student, this result lets her choose almost any university. The school helped her to determine what field studies is the most appealing to her. She is much more confident, calm and positive. I''m glad that she's going to finish the high school in Woodside.
- Posted by Parent - dashi
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.